Rear Passenger windows do not go all the way down...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Jp1969, Feb 28, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jp1969

Jp1969 New Member

My Clarity's rear passenger windows do not roll all the way down? Is this by design? Kinda weird if it is... Or just one of the many clarity issues...I mean quirks..

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ngl I haven’t ever rolled my rear windows down but this seems pretty normal to me. Lots of cars’ rear windows don’t roll all the way down.

I’ve never really thought about it before but since you asked, I got curious. Turns out it IS by design. Or at least the result of forced design.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/how-come-rear-windows-dont-roll-all-way-down-272199

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

KentuckyKen, DaleL and Ken7 like this.
  4. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Normal. It is a child safety thing that is on many if not most passenger cars.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  5. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Apparently it’s not a child safety thing according to the article Kyle linked, which after reading makes sense. Since we always use the HVAC and have the windows closed, I wasn’t even aware the rear windows don’t roll down all the way.

Kyle’s Clarity and DaleL like this.
  6. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Since I got my car in late October, the only time I have had occasion to roll any window down is to speak to someone outside. For all I know, none of the windows work except the driver's.

Jp1969 and RickSE like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Growing up we always called them child safety windows. I never thought to question it.

Kyle’s Clarity likes this.
  9. Jp1969

Jp1969 New Member

First for me... First grown-up car as well... Guess it.s a quirk... Love this car still... 500+ miles driven and still have over a 1/2 a full tank... Thanks for the replies!!!

10. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Rear windows don't roll all the way down due to shape of door and where wheel well is, there is no physical space to put the window down.
    Screenshot_20190301-221305_Gallery.jpg
    Some cars have rear windows that go all the way down (Volt) and they usually have a split window design so the narrower window has room to go all the way down.
    Screenshot_20190301-220521_Gallery.jpg
    The shape of the window in the Clarity allows it to go most of the way down, not quite all the way.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  11. ken wells

ken wells Member

Two pictures worth thousands of words. Thanks Viking.

12. To remove this ad click here.