RAV4 Prime PHEV plug in for 2021 - anyone looking at this new 42 mile EV range CUV ?

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by 4sallypat, Jan 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Daniel M W likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Nope. We wrote off Toyota’s after the Prius. Worst seats in the industry.

They’d have to build something pretty spectacular to even get my attention, and that isn’t it.

4. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

I'd love one, but find all cars/trucks to be expensive. I might be able to buy more often than I do, but it's just such a chunk of money. I don't feel at all bad about the Clarity purchase. In my mind I plan to keep the car as long as possible. The economics of it are a great deal if I get 10 or more years, and I do hope for the more years number. i.e. I figure I save about $1000/yr in gas on the Clarity. It may be more, but I feel comfortable with the 1K savings number.

So long story short, my vehicle needs have been met for the foreseeable future. Now when year 10 comes along, I may at least be looking around as to what is available then. I drove my last car for 16+ years from new (Subaru Outback 2003 model year). It was a good car, but really not so great on gas. Likely got around 20 actual mpg around town. Anyway, Clarity has more than halved my gas usage (since I commute 100% electric). Even when I do burn gas, it's about twice lower use & cost. BTW- headgasket failed on Subaru (twice). After I paid the repair once, I gifted the car away at 180K miles. I was really hoping that car would last longer than it did. I was sole owner and took good care of the vehicle.

But yeah, if I fall into some money, I'd love to get a Toyota RAV4 PHEV.

5. papab

papab Member

Funny you mention this, when I mentioned the possibility of a rav phev to my wife she said no way. We have an 07 rav4 and the driver seat is terrible, & we have some friends who had a newer one & they got rid of it because of the horrible seat. It takes about an hour to feel the pain, so even if they've changed them, I'm not sure I'd be convinced unless I took a 1 hr+ test drive.

6. I have a 2013 Rav4 and it has been flawless. I find the seats are fine for me. Over 100,000 miles and no repairs.
    My 2018 Prius Prime has over 40,000 miles and no issues

I will be getting a Rav4 Prime as soon as it is released since the family needs another car.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

When my Clarity lease is up I will have the choice to purchase it, get a newer Clarity, or get something else. That something else just might be the Rav4 Prime as long as the pricing is right. For me the CUV form factor and AWD is ideal for my needs. Having decent EV range with excellent mileage in a reasonably priced CUV is the vehicle I originally wanted when I bought my Clarity but one was not available.

9. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

10. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Never, likely. Honda corporate seems to have given up on plug in electrification to focus on ICE vehicles both with and without hybridization.

11. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Anyone got an official.price for the RAV4 Prime?

cyberteen likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Waiting for the price too. Will decide if I will go with a clarity or this based on the price

14. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

EV Range updated to 42 miles. That puts the R4P only 6 miles short of the Clarity EV range. Not sure if I am willing to pay the premium to get the Rav 4 Prime new.