Rank the Best SuperBowl 2020 Electric Vehicles (EV) Ad

Discussion in 'General' started by interestedinEV, Feb 16, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

Rank your favourite Super Bowl 2020 EV ad

1. GMC Hummer EV

25.0%
  2. Audi e-tron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Porsche Taycan

75.0%
  4. Ford Mustang Mach-E

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Electric Vehicles (EVs) were well advertised (4 of them which is remarkable) in Super Bowl 2020 (even though you had many for the ICEs which may have been better received.)

Here is chance for InsideEv readers to rank their favorite of the four ads (again this may not be the same as ranking the cars). Let us see which ad is more popular

GMC Hummer EV

Audi e-tron (Superbowl version)

Porsche Taycan (Superbowl version)

Ford Mustang Mach-E (Superbowl version)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

There needs to be one more option in the survey:

Sheet metal art has no appeal to me and that was pretty much was what we saw. Now if they'd shown the relative cost per mile; a Dragtimes Youtube, or; relative interior noise level. For example, something along the lines of:

A couple go for a test drive and the 'salesman' shouts questions and answers between the husband driver and rear seat wife. They go back to the dealer and drive the EV and the wife tells the 'salesman', "I can hear him."

Another version, a wife goes shopping in a pickup to buy some whipping cream. Arriving home, it has become a block of butter due to the vibration. She borrows the EV and returns with whipping cream for a strawberry topped cake.

Two neighbors leave to go to the beach. The EV couple plugs in at their motel and enjoys a nice sea food dinner. The gas couple checks in to the same motel, buys gas, and gets McDonalds.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  4. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Tell me Bob what you want and we can see if @Domenick can add it. Again, please remember these were super bowl ads, meant for the general public, not the EV savvy ones. Between these 4 ads (including the 1 minute ones) the companies have spent a boat load of money on them. Inconceivable even a couple of years back.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks but we're good. I'm spoiled for a survey candidate.

Bob Wilson