Questions on the BMW i8

Discussion in 'BMW' started by harrykane140693, Aug 4, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. harrykane140693

harrykane140693 New Member

Hi - I was thinking about getting either an 2k14 or 2k15 i8 and had a few questions.

1. What kind of markup is there on these vehicles - especially with the 2016s around the corner? Im trying to gauge what type of negotiating room I have for a barely used i8 as I see a few on sites like autotrader

2. there doesn't seem to be really much of a difference between Giga, Tera, and pulse impulse world... is it really worth 3k for blue seat belts ( terra world) or even an additional 10K for an anthracite roof (Pulse Impulse)

3. now that the car has been out for a little bit... is it reliable? Or has anyone seen these continuously being serviced?
    Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

You really have to use a VIN decoder to find out what the car has. As for reliability, I'm used to Toyotas which are exceptionally reliable. Still the BMW replacement parts for the broken motor mount bolt were substantially improved. Also, the tires wear faster than I care for as 30k mi looks to be near the limit.

I recommend this user forum because it is not just 'fan boys' as much as seriously minded owners:
    http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/index.php?sid=34b54e8908e8baab71987adfbe8cd1b0

Bob Wilson

harrykane140693 likes this.