Questions about Modern Steel Metallic color

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by EV4Me, Dec 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

For those who have their Clarity in Modern Steel Metallic color:
    1. I assume as with any darker color, it shows dirt alot......like a day after washing etc?
    2. Does it show swirl marks like the Black and Crimson?
    3. How are the Black Leather seats holding up to wear? My past experience with Honda black leather seats......it tends to loosen up and fade somewhat.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

I had it before I got my white one..

The paint shows better than black. No swirl marks, dings and chips were more noticable then silver or white.

Interior held up really well after 11.5k miles and 1.3 years

4. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

1. It doesn't show a lot of dirt. Definitely much better than black or white.
    2. It doesn't show swirl marks at all. But it does show dings a bit.
    3. I have cloth/leatherette seats and they still look like new after two years.

Overall it is a low maintenance color and fits the design of Clarity pretty well. It is one of the colors that Honda used in advertising material. But it is not one of those deep gray colors that you see on something like a BMW. It is a regular metallic color.

5. Crimson here. No swirl marks.

6. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

I am surprised as I have seen new Crimson Clarity's with swirls showing at a dealership or two and a few members here have said Crimson shows swirls.
    You must be taking extra care of yours........awesome

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Never been through a car wash. Coated with ceramic. I posted in this forum about the "ordeal" of finding and buying equipment to do it, and applying the ceramic.

I always wash by hand with this. Takes about 15-30 minutes depending on how thorough I feel I need to be. I've done it in 10 minutes a couple of times when it was just dusty. I add a half cap to a gallon of water. Get a soft cloth wet, wring it out to less than sopping, wipe with it, then use a dry towel to immediately dry off. If the car is really dirty I hose it off first.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG9FB8U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

closer pic.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  9. Vic

Vic New Member

10,200 miles and 20 months now.

Great color. My 2nd time with this color.

Swirl marks are less noticeable than black.This time I applied 2 coats Cquartz uk3.0 ceramic coating at 2 months of ownership.

My car stays clean longer and is easier to wash, and just maintain every 3-4 months with CQ restore wipe.

I pre-foam and use 2 bucket car wash method, blow dry and towel dry. I maintain with CQ restore wipe every 3 months.

I have cloth/leatherette seats, slight wrinkle on the left side of driver’s seat

but I guessed I’m little overweight (220 lbs). J

The rest of the interior is in excellent shape. Just make sure to use very soft or fluffy microfiber cloths for the dash as the clear plastics are quite soft. I use CG VRP for the interior.

10. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Swirl marks are a direct result of using automated car washes. Folks like Tek-Freek and me who only hand wash their vehicles have never seen swirl marks.

insightman likes this.
  11. PHEVDave

PHEVDave Active Member

If that is the case, you should be able to polish out the swirl marks, right?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. FWIW: I still have a 1999 pickup that I bought new. It has never been through an automated car wash. It has swirl marks. The Clarity has been through an automated car was at least a dozen times, the wife’s Jeep, probably 30-40 times. No swirl marks on either.

None of the devices at the car wash move in a swirling or circular motion in relation to the surface of the car. They rotate, some wiggle a little, but they move in a linear direction from front to rear. Just my observation and experience.

14. So the marks come from someone at the dealer washing it with a rag without getting all the dirt off?