NISSAN E-NV200 ELECTRIC VAN

Discussion in 'Nissan' started by electricvehicles, Jun 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. electricvehicles

electricvehicles New Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Good to see that Nissan is finally going to offer this van in the U.S. market!

But we should make it clear that it's aimed at the commercial market, not the consumer market. Of course that doesn't mean it's off-topic for this forum, but let's make it clear this van is not intended as a privately owned passenger vehicle.

4. electricvehicles

electricvehicles New Member

Ok, thanks for the clarification @Pushmi-Pullyu
    I'll never repeat in future.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Relax, we each have separate requirements and that looks to be dandy van . . . driver side is perfect for a postal van to replace the units they have now and the range looks reasonable for urban use. But I have a different requirement.

My wife is mobility limited so we use a wheel chair for distances more than 15 m. Several years ago I looked at the Ford Transit van but their gas mileage was terrible and diesel not much better. But I could see making it a camper since VW shows no progress in the electric microbus. But an electric version of either van would be feasible.

Bob Wilson

6. JeffD

JeffD New Member

My wife is a rural postal carrier, so the post office doesn't provide the vehicle, but it looks like it would work well for her if we could get one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Inside EVs mobile app

bwilson4web likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JeffD

JeffD New Member

Let's hope that once they get the commercial version selling, they will bring the passenger versions close behind.

9. JeffD

JeffD New Member

I like the 7 passenger version that they are selling in Europe. It would come in handy with 4 children right now. I also like the idea of my wife being able to use it for her rural route.

10. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

How well is it selling?

I'm certainly willing to be told I'm wrong about this van selling only to the commercial market. Of course, the commercial market will include using vans for moving people; as miniature buses. Many or most of the better hotels run such vans to ferry their customers around.

11. JeffD

JeffD New Member

I'm not sure of any exact numbers, but anecdotal evidence from sources such as Fully Charged seem to point to decent numbers. I will try to find some exact numbers.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Plugs7

Plugs7 New Member