Niro ev front number plate space?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Manish Jain, Jul 31, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Manish Jain

Manish Jain New Member

Hello.
    Just wanting to figure out how to mount number plate in the front of Kia niro ev since there doesnot seem to be space for the same...

?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

Where I live, for a $40k purchase, the dealership puts them on, but, as you say, you need a place to put the screws and I am NOT using a drill on my car, template or not!

I started to think about it and realized I had not seen many images of a Niro with a front plate, so I googled images and came up with this. They do detract from a clean look up front. Why do we chip our pets, but not our cars.

Attached Files:

4. Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis Member

That's where the dealer mounted mine. I can even see tiny dimples a bit further apart on the front bumper where the screws would go for a European plate (which is wider but shorter than a US plate).

5. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

6. Texas Niro EV

Texas Niro EV Active Member

Texas has a front license plate law so I have had to put license plates on the last couple of cars I bought. I went to the Kia dealer to ask about a bracket for the front license plate and I was told Kia doesn't sell one. I recently found a little plastic sack in the glove compartment with two machine screws and two self tapping screws.

It's pretty obvious that Kia wants you to use these screws to install the license plates. You will have to drill little pilot holes in the front bumper for the self tapping screws for the front license plate. I have not yet put the front license plate on my car but I expect to get a ticket for no front license plate any day.

7. To remove this ad click here.