Nexen N'Priz AH8 warranty - submit

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by ehatch, Oct 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Kia eNiro gets the Michelin Primacy MX4,v rated. Hyundai Kona electric got the Nexen N'Priz AH8,v rated. Spoke with 2 eNiro owners recently while charging,and they haven't noticed the slippage when accelerating under normal input,not pedal to floor. Grip has been fine with the MX4. gThis led to me to look up our Nexens. I suggest people check their tread depth,and if it's 2/32, file a claim with Nexen. This lets them know there's something incompatible for the Kona electric,or their AH8 has poor quality.

I used a tire tread depth gauge.My tires had lost just 2 seconds tread depth out of what a new one would have, ~ 10/32 . There's no way I should've experienced the slipping,mushing/collapsing while cornering ...

Nexen N'Priz AH8, youtuber PromiseKeeper experience
    Nexen N'Priz AH8 material, cracking

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Well, what pressure were you running at?

_H*

4. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Went up to 39psi max ; 36psi on Kona EV the door,
    Just to clarify the 2/32 for warranty,that's the lowest tire tread to qualify for a warranty consideration. Plus if your tires haven't come anywhere near the tread mileage warranty of 70000 miles/ 100000km. File a claim? I was at 6213 miles/ 10000 km which is nowhere near the Nexen mileage warranty.

5. That sounds unbelievable to have any tire down to 2/32 in 10,000 kms!! I have never seen/heard of that with any brand (non-racing). Something must have been seriously wrong with those tires, or is it possible you received (or got replaced) used tires? I just checked mine, and I have already over 10K kms, and they are still at 9/32, which is what I would expect.

And with all respect, I don't doubt at all what you are seeing with yours. Just saying something is very wrong here. Are you sure you measured correctly? Even really poor tires can't be that bad, unless there was some kind of defect or something. That is certainly not normal.

6. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

I didn't say this was my tread depth: "2/32 for warranty,that's the lowest tire tread to qualify for a warranty consideration." Per my original post,mine is about 2 below a new tire tread of 10/32. So, about 9/32 tread depth left when I uninstalled the Nexens off my car.My claim's accepted because of it,and I am being refunded based on the MSRP.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. OK, that makes more sense. However, if you still have 9/32 left how can you claim warranty? A new tire is spec'd at 9/32, not 10/32. I checked Tire Rack and Nexen USA, and both say new tread depth is 9/32.
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Nexen&tireModel=N+Priz+AH8&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=155VR7AH8&tab=Sizes

https://www.nexentireusa.com/files/documents/NPriz%20AH8_Tire%20Data.pdf

9. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

File a claim if you want,or don't, read on....

TIRE TECH: TIRE SPECS EXPLAINED: TREAD DEPTH new tire tread.jpg

10. With all due respect, I am not a newbie at buying tires, and well aware of the avg and varying tire tread depths of new tires. Many indeed are 10/32, some 11/32 and even more. But there are also some that are 9/32 new which is what ours are spec'd for. Did you look at the links I gave? both the manufacturer and a distributor list the new tread depth at 9/32. How can you argue with that?

11. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Everyone who files a claim may have,or meet different conditions that are applicable under the Nexen warranty. The warranty isn't specific to tread wear. Something you're fixated with. Nexen has been demanding for proof for my tire claim,but fair.

My reference to warranty tread wear, mileage is to help an owner not waste their time if they don't meet the prequisite .

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. OK, at least I now better understand where you are coming from. And to be clear, I am not saying these Nexen tires are great, most OEM choices are not.

Personally, I am good with these tires. I know they are not the best in wet or slippery conditions, but I drive accordingly. What I do like about them is that they are reasonably quiet and have low rolling resistance (good for range). I do not like loud tires. And so far wear after 10K kms has been very minimal.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  14. Reply to an old thread, but you should know that the Nexen treadlife warranty is worthless...
    My OEM Nexens will be worn out after about 50,000km. Although my car came with a warranty in writing for the OEM Nexen tires when I bought it, and these Nexens are warrantied for 115000km treadlife, neither Nexen or Hyundai will honor this warranty. That's right nada, zilch, zero. Needless to say I doubt I will be replacing my tires with another set of Nexens after this.