new member - intro

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SteveFromWesternMA_USA, Jan 15, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum for a few days now. Everyone seems great and I hope to add my thoughts over time.

I have driven PHEVs (Toyota Prius Prime and Volvo XC60) before and I had a Tesla Model 3 for a year too before doing an early lease return last September.

I'm picking up a white base model from the Mini dealer in Boston, MA this weekend. I'm excited I found one without having to wait months. I had to pay MSRP but I'm getting rubber floor mats so I feel like I won! I had used the Costco Auto Program but I got no savings for this car.

I figure to have to charge once to get it home as my house is about 90 miles away from the dealer. If anything interesting (or not) happens I'll be sure to mention it later.

~Steve

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's a fun story of someone who didn't want to wait, how he found a new SE for sale in New York, and all about his epic 500-mile drive home to Cleveland.

4. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

I think your story will get more common now that it seems that Mini is beginning to ship higher volumes of the SE into the US. I found my new SE in stock in November at a Dallas-area dealer (the only Iconic-trimmed SE anywhere in Texas at the time) and bought it almost immediately after being reinforced by @insightman on this forum and the Honda Clarity PHEV forum. I too had to pay full MSRP, but I did get window tinting "for free" as you got rubber floor mats "for free."

Anyway, welcome to this forum and to ownership of the SE. I have found the car to be both fun and amazing and hope you do too.

5. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Oh awesome! Enjoy the new ride. I'm days from picking up mine myself.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tommy Electric

Tommy Electric Active Member

Welcome! I'd love to see pics of your new car once you've picked it up!

insightman likes this.
  9. I best do the formal introduction my name is Paul I live in Chester VA and I am from Manchester UK originally. I am not new to Mini my love affair has been a long one since the car was born the same year as me 1959. I have raced and rallied original Mini's in my younger days, I also got into the Mini's replacement the Metro I owned several MG Metro's including a MG Metro Turbo I loved that car. This current Mini Cooper SE reminds me very much of that car and the driving experience. I traded my 2017 Jaguar XE 3.5t a very quick car for my Mini, I thought the Mini would be a little more restrained and slow me down as I battle the
    I-95 corridor everyday, boy was I wrong it matches the Jag's performance in everyway except top speed. The good thing is at least I will not get a ban for driving over 100 mph I am starting to like this car a lot the more I drive the vehicle. cooperSE.jpg