NAV map updates soon free?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, May 24, 2020.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron New Member

Seems like the Kia map updates have dropped dramatically in price. Didn't they used to be over $100? Now, for just $25 you can get an update at the old mapnsoft.com website.

But if you can wait, Kia is building a brand new software update website at update.kia.com. If you go there now, you can read about getting the latest software update free, but the ability to download it right now is turned off. I've heard the download utility may be available in July.

2. TheDave

TheDave New Member

Thanks for sharing this.

3. Excellent news, Ron. One of the peeves was how other Kia's could update software but the Niro EV appeared to be off the list. Thank you!

4. CanuckTom

CanuckTom Member

This is great news, just wish I saw this post earlier this week.. I just ordered the latest update from mapnsoft ‍♂️. Anyways, hopefully for the next update.

I know I made a comment to both my dealer and Kia Corporate after I was told when I purchased my Niro in June last year that the map would have automatic updates through the LTE connection. I was furious after I found out that not only was the OTA updating map not true, but that map updates were were to cost north of $200 CAD each, to both update maps and software. I told them both that Tesla and other manufacturers were we're going to eat their lunch with issues like this, and I wouldn't likely be purchasing another Kia unless they changed their service on this issue. Especially for early adopters of their EV's with charging networks just being established, lack of infotainment and especially maps and charger locations is just totally unacceptable.

Tom

5. scooterjm

scooterjm New Member

I'm curious - what is the latest version of maps everyone has on their SD card vs. the new updates available from Kia? We took delivery of a 2019 EX Premium last week and it has:

NAM.12.47.44.510.105.4

The SD card says : 96554-Q4112

6. Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian New Member

2020 Niro EV
    NAM.12.47.47.551.204.4

the update site still does nothing after several months

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020