My electric EV journey....

Discussion in 'General' started by miatadan, Apr 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

After test driving Smart Electric in 2010 ( tour across Canada ) and than driving a few friend's Tesla model S and 2 years model 3, really wanted next car to be an EV.

Traded in 2019 VW Jetta Execline at Ford dealership where I have purchased 9 different Ford Mustangs as new. Allotment for 2021 Mustang Mach-E sold for the year. I was offered they get one from another dealership inventory but want factory order Mach-E. Will being getting 2022 Mustang Mach-E . Only not nice part is waiting until next spring to get the 2022 Mustang Mach-E. Ordered base model RWD, rapid red, black interior.

Also been member of EV Society of Sudbury, few years now.

Dan

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

I love the rapid red. I hope to buy one in 2023 when my current lease is up.
    Interesting to see an EV chapter somewhat close to me. I will have to research the site.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

About 10 years ago, there was a terrible article in the 'Sunday Mail' that declared Sudbury a disaster area and blamed it on Sudbury nickel in Prius NiMH batteries. But with the growth of EVs, are you seeing a resurgence of nickel production?

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

5. Congrats on your decision to go electric.
    It could be that a Mach-E pre-order gets cancelled -- I know of a situation where that's happened -- and one becomes available. What is it about the factory order that appeals to you. Is it that you can spec it exactly as you want? Also, if you've decided on your spec, what did you choose?

6. miatadan

Ever new car I ever ordered from this dealership has been new factory order to my spec, they follow my instructions such as no dealer plate on front , leave plastic on the seats, take window sticker in envelope for me. I have purchased 9 new Mustangs since 1993 and have had long relationship with this dealer. Ordered Mach-E base Select in Rapid Red, only way I can afford a Mach-E .

Dan

bwilson4web likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

Dan, I hear you about being able to afford the Mach-e. I will be building one probably identical to yours so that I can afford one as well. I also have to save up the next 2 years for a decent down payment.

9. miatadan

Total is $53045 before tax. The other option is the VW ID4 .

10. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

I like the ID4 especially since it has a towing rating. The downside is that currently the local VW dealer will not be authorized to sell them. That would also mean no service. That could all change quickly between now and when I'm ready.

11. miatadan

I will check with local VW dealer to see if they authorized to sell the ID4.

In Canada, can you still get the $5000 EV rebate on the Tesla Standard Range Plus? Brings it down to $47990.

Still $5055 less than the base Mustang Mach-E.

Do not want the Nissan Leaf, Kona Electric. or Chevy Bolt as they all FWD.

Dan

12. To remove this ad click here.