Model Y owner soon

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by FloridaSun, Apr 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Placed my order for a Model Y.. White with white seats and towing package.. No other options..
    Will still get the Chademo adapter as there are tons of free CCS/Chademo chargers in my area, so the adapter will pay for itself eventually..
    Not trading any of my other cars (Kona Electric and BMW i3).. Will sell the Kona later after the battery recall is completed..
    Can't wait to get the car.. Delivery between 4/29 and 5/28.. It will probably be closer to 5/28 I assume..

electriceddy and bwilson4web like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Frank K

Frank K Member

Congrats ... looking forward to your thoughts about the car, when you got it. Especially, since you can compare with other EVs.

4. FloridaSun

I have several friends who have Teslas and I was already very close to buying a Model 3 LR in 2018/2019.. Ended up waiting too long and Tesla lost the full tax credit. Also, Hyundai offered Lifetime Warranty on 2019 Models, so I went with the Hyundai Kona Electric over the Model 3.. If it wasn't for the Battery Warranty, I would have probably still gotten the Model 3.. When I finally decided to buy an EV, Tesla still had $3875 in tax credit but because of the better Warranty, I went with the Hyundai.. What really sold me on the Model Y was the interior and trunk space. I'm also a fan of the minimalistic interior design with the big screen. Teslas are more like a gadget on wheels which I like. Of course, the glass roof is also great and makes the car feel even more spacious. In the end, the main reason why I went with Tesla was the Supercharging Network. Wife has family in McAllen/Texas and there are no DC Fast chargers other than Tesla Superchargers in the area. From a driving experience (based on my limited time driving/riding in Teslas) it's like night and day to other EV's.. I have NOT had a chance to ride in a Mustang Mach E yet but it seems like an awesome car.. Got the chance to sit in the rear seat of the Volkswagen ID 4 manufacturer vehicle and leg room is very limited and trunk space is nowhere close to the Model Y. While it is certainly a very nice car, it doesn't come close to the Model Y..

bwilson4web likes this.
  5. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Well Hyundai gains. They will no longer have to warrant that battery for life once you sell it.

6. FloridaSun

Yes, unfortunately.. I wish that I could convince the wife to sell the i3 and drive the Kona.. However, she is in love of the looks of the i3 and doesn't care about the range and the warranty on the Kona.. Oh well... Maybe I can still change her mind but I doubt it.. She didn't even want to use the Y as her driver while I would keep the Kona.. She wants that i3. "It's small and cute"... Never argue with a woman... you will never win..
    Around town, the i3 is a great car due to it's size but I still would prefer the Kona. Range is very high on my priority list..

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I hope you utilized Bob's referral code, I believe as a new owner get 1000 miles free supercharging, and Bob may also receive the same or better yet win a Roadster;)
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/confirmation-bias-at-consumer-reports.10833/#post-128518

9. FloridaSun

I used the referral code of a co-worker.. Had promised him that I would use his when I'll get mine.. He has a Model 3 which he just gave to his 16 year old daughter and recently he also got a Y..

bwilson4web and electriceddy like this.