MINI Connected App - No eDRIVE!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Puppethead, Jan 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My MINI Connected App no longer shows eDRIVE section, so I can't see my trip statistics. It was working fine yesterday, today it's gone. Has this happened to anyone else? I restarted my phone and still nothing.

Before and after:
    eDrive.jpg eDrive-missing.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

I have not (yet) experienced that.

Which version of the app do you have? Under "More", then "About", mine says it's version 10.9.1.2033.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My (ancient?) Android MINI Connected version (found under Settings/About) is 6.4.0.6348 and the eDrive stats are all there.

5. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

My relatively newly-installed Mini Connect app (Nov 2020) on my Android phone is v 6.5.0.6411 and still shows the eDrive section, at least as of this a.m.

I wonder if this change is emerging on the Apple version of the app? (@Puppethead's posted screen shots appear to be from an iPhone.)

6. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

Ditto.
    Screenshot_20210121-061735_Connected.jpg Screenshot_20210121-061823_Connected.jpg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

My version is 10.9.1.2033 (iPhone). It communicates fine with the SE, so I can see charge status and change settings. The eDRIVE is missing. It was working two days ago and wasn't there yesterday (still missing). I've been using that to collect trip statistics and now I can't. :(

9. Puppethead

I called the app support number (BMW Assist aka MINI Assist), and was told software update by dealer can sometimes cause this. I did have my SE at the dealer yesterday (to replace one of my new Revoilte wheels that came damaged from factory, so no charge) but they confirmed they did not do a software update.

The support line said to log out and delete MINI Connected app and then reinstall. I did, and still no luck. Fortunately everything else still works after going through that.

10. Puppethead

And like magic my eDRIVE is back. No update after my commute this morning, but after a quick jaunt at lunchtime I opened the MINI Connected app and watched as eDRIVE showed up. I suspect my SE was in a weird state and wasn't sending the eDRIVE data to the app.

Texas22Step, MichaelC and Lainey like this.
  11. insightman

Your experience brings to mind some wisdom imparted by Microsoft's original MS Word program:

upload_2021-1-21_16-46-17.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

I am so confused. My Mini Connected app doesn't look anything like that. It shows "fuel level" in gallons and efficiency as "90 MPG". It is connected to my car (the right VIN and the right odometer reading). Where do I get the SE version for iOS?

14. BigDave23

BigDave23 New Member

It wasn’t just you - I have the same version running on an iPhone and had the exact same disappearance and reappearance...seems to be working fine now...

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

15. Puppethead

It's a single app called "MINI Connected". You add your car via VIN. If it's not showing as an EV I'd suggest calling the MINI Assist number or check with your dealer.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  16. GetOffYourGas

Thanks. I will first try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, I'll make a call.

17. GetOffYourGas

I uninstalled, reinstalled, and reconnected. Now I finally have all the EV related stuff. I had assumed their app was just terrible and didn’t account for the SE being electric.

Thanks again! If not for this thread I would have just given up on the app entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Lainey likes this.
  18. Puppethead

Great! Just in time for the new app (see New MINI App thread). Latest I heard (unverified source) it is it's supposed to be released in March.

19. GetOffYourGas

I hope the new Mini app is better / more responsive. How do I refresh vehicle status? I tried swiping down, and nothing happens. It only seems to update when I send a command (and not always even then).

Also, I will send a "climatise now" command, and the app gets stuck on that screen, showing "sending". I cannot do anything else because a command is being sent. This continues even after I confirmed the car is actually warming up. Closing/ reopening the app seems to make it worse.

Generally, it's a poor app. I've had EV apps from Ford, Chevy, and Nissan. This one is near the bottom (although they are all pretty poor)

F14Scott and Lainey like this.
  20. insightman

It's better than Honda's HondaLink app for our Clarity Plug-In Hybrid. MINI Connected works great on my cheap-o LG phone. Climatize Now works quickly and reliably for me, as do the battery-charging prediction and status. However, I'll admit those are the only two features I use.

21. GetOffYourGas

Ironically I’m having these issues on an iPhone. I say that because Apple seems to be Mini’s preference as they support wireless CarPlay (which is AWESOME) but not Android Auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

F14Scott likes this.
  22. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I have a not so cheapy Samsung and it seems to work great so far. Small delay in actually starting whatever I ask but nothing too bad or unreasonable. No app hang ups. I was annoyed with the app for my old car which wasn't really connected enough but not this time around.