Kona Charging Rates

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by DaveO, Apr 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. After searching high and low for this, I was unable to find hard data on the charging rates for the Kona, when using different chargers. I wanted to summarize this in one spot, so whenever we can begin to travel again, I’d have an idea of expected charging times, based upon the available 240V or 120V plug in (commercial charger, hotel AC outlet, standard wall plug, etc.). These numbers are based on my testing with 3 different chargers at home at 60-65% State of Charge.

I did up the chart in text and a printable .png file, and will tuck this into the car for future reference.

Charger / Kona EV Setting:.....Maximum........Reduced..........Minimum

240V EVSE @ 32A.......................7.4 kW.............6.7 kW.............4.4 kW

240V EVSE @ 16A.......................3.8 kW.............3.4 kW.............2.2 kW

120V Hyundai EVSE @ 12A...........1.3 kW.............1.0 kW.............0.6 kW

120V Hyundai EVSE @ 10A...........1.1 kW.............0.8 kW.............0.5 kW

120V Hyundai EVSE @ 8A.............0.9 kW.............0.6 kW.............0.5 kW

Hyundai Kona Charging Rates.png

Kirk, Seadog1272, Esprit1st and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CharlyM

CharlyM Member

You can also reach 7.6kw if the voltage is a little bit higher.

With a non-OEM EVSE. you can reach 2.8kw on 120v on a TT-30 and 1.6kw on a 5-20 as well.