Just Stuffed 2 Road Bikes in Honda Clarity Without A Rack - No Problems!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Linkmodo, Jan 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

Just tried this today as we need to haul our bikes a bit further for some rides... Wow! It's actually easier than I thought... put two bikes in there take less than 3 min on the second try... I'm sure it'll be even quicker next time.

Yes, it's entirely do-able. You can fit two road bikes in there without even adjusting the seat.

The bikes I'm using are 50cm and 52cm in sizes, if you have a taller bike, you may need to adjust seatpost a bit to have them fit in the trunk and/or rear passenger seats.

Use plenty covers to protect seats from getting grease on them.

Make sure rear derailleur from bike in the trunk is not touching the bike in the rear passenger seat... Use padding if necessary.

Saved me $800+ on bike rack options for Honda Clarity, I was really shocked to find the hassle of installing a hitch on this thing.

Downside? No rear passenger space, no trunk space... And you might scratch/damage the interior of the car from handling the bicycles.

bill_m, MPower, John Fritzen and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

Good to know, probably I have to do this soon. I have a 56 road bike.

4. bill_m

bill_m Member

Nice Video! I have been putting two bikes in my Clarity in a similar fashion three times a week for the past three months. I usually put a tarp down at the opening of the trunk at the bumper to protect the bumper when putting in or removing the bottom bike. I have been putting the left side handlebar and fork tips through the opening into the back seat area, front end first, which seems to work okay, but I will try your method of putting the rear tire into the opening instead and see if it makes any difference. Then I move the front passenger seat forward and have my bike buddy at the opposite back door area as I pass the other bike across the seats, left handle bar forward. And both front wheels lay onto the bottom bike without a problem. Both of our road bikes are fully loaded with saddle bags, front and rear lights, two water bottles. I originally bought white lightening chain covers to protect the car from chain oil drip, which work very well, but the tarps across the back seats and trunk take care of that problem.

5. Olimpia

Olimpia Member

Nice. I plan on purchasing a folding bike soon so I shouldn't be running into any issues fitting the bike based on this video.

6. DC1

DC1 Member

I bought a folding bike and can tell you it's super convenient!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

I'm waiting on my folding e bike w/20" wheels, 64 lbs, will be more difficult for sure. May just fold the handlebar and keep the bike straight. Thank you for your video and information. Nice bikes!!!