Jaguar-Electrifies-Experience Roadshow to demo I-Pace in San Francisco and other cities

Discussion in 'I-Pace' started by interestedinEV, Sep 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. interestedinEV

upload_2018-9-9_11-8-41.png
    Here are the details, includes actual driving experience

SAN FRANCISCO | MIAMI | LOS ANGELES | NEW YORK

AN ADRENALINE RUSH FROM START TO FINISH LINE

It’s time to get up close and personal with the New All-Electric Jaguar I-PACE. You and your friends are invited to the Jaguar Electrifies Experience*, where you’ll be able to see this thrilling vehicle for yourself, and much more:

• Take a street drive in your choice of the newest Jaguar models, including the electric Jaguar I-PACE as well as Jaguar E-PACE and F-PACE SUVs and the F-TYPE sports car.

• Experience the performance of an electric vehicle in the Jaguar I-PACE SmartCone closed course that offers a million possible routes in one drive.

• Immerse yourself in the world of the Jaguar I-PACE, including the interactive, futuristic Wired magazine exhibit

• Create the ultimate selfie in our Electric Lounge utilizing an ultra-high-speed camera

The Jaguar Electrifies Experience will be making stops in San Francisco, Miami, Los Angeles and New York. Join the tour, and RSVP to meet us in your city. Space is limited and reservations are being taken on a first-come, first-served basis, so don’t miss out.

Reserve your spot today.

The FAQ's are great

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

So @Dominic , the I-Pace sales numbers will be first seen in the December scorecard?

Bob Wilson

5. interestedinEV

My local Jaguar dealership told me that he has 6 pre-orders of I-Pace, and there are only three dealers in Arizona, which is not a big market. Let us assume that there are 250 JLR dealerships in total (The only count I found was that they had about 292 dealerships in 2012 and were going to reduce it by 20%. If they brought it down to 225, and they have added a few after that as they have in Phoenix let us say they are at 250 dealerships. Let us assume each has an average of five pre-orders that get converted into sales. So in theory they have a back log of about 1250 cars that they can sell in the first month.

Now there are many ifs, the first being they actually land enough supplies in the US by the first or second week of November. Not sure if JLR has enough inventory to do this. Then there are conversion into sales parameters. Arizona is not a representative market for JLR (the second Phoenix area dealership started less than a year ago). I am making a conservative assumption of 6 back-orders based on talking to one dealership. Further, there may be more than 250 dealerships slightly skewing the calculations. However I would guess then can sell at least 1200 cars in the first month, if they have inventory. Difficult to judge if they can continue that pace beyond the first month or two.

However, given that Jaguar sold only about 40,000 cars in the US in 2017, even if they sell about 8,000 I-Paces in year (assuming these are buyers who would not have bought another JLR product i.e. cannibalized their own sales by buying the I-Pace instead of the F-Pace), their volumes have gone up by 20%. But the caveat is that there are too many ifs. It will be around 2Q of 2019 before we know if I-Pace is a serious competitor to the S/X.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Per Plugshare and Google Maps:
    • 246 mi :: Phoenix-to-Coachella via fast DC CCS chargers
    • 116 mi :: Phoenix-to-Tucson with midway CCS charger at Casa Grande
    • 280 mi :: Phoenix-to-Henderson between CCS chargers
    The area is rich with NEMA 14-50, RV outlets. Make sure you get a high power EVSE to connect to the car. Hopefully the internal charger is 7-8 kW.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.