Is there any way of changing MAX DC charge to be higher than 80% ?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jack Mark, Apr 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Jack Mark

Jack Mark New Member

DC charging stops at 80%

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I haven't used DC fast charging but there's a car setting for it. Mine was 100% when the car was delivered but I changed it to 80%. I would think if you set yours to 100% it would charge higher, however, it is possible the charging station has a limit too. Hyundai recommends not charging to 100% very often using DC. Maybe change your setting to 90% or 95%?

Also, just a note: After 80%, the charging slows down considerably, so if you're paying to charge you aren't getting your money's worth vs. charging up to 80% which should be pretty fast.

4. Jack Mark

Jack Mark New Member

Thanks for your input. The car does charge to 100% on A/C charging but only 80% on DC. There is no setting that i could find to change that.

5. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

I've set mine to 90%. Just charged at a fast charger yesterday and stopped it at 85%. It was still outputting 24kw. Was delivering 47kw before it reached 75%. Even 24kw is a pretty good rate. You can set the percentage charge in the ev menus.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. It's definitely there on the US model, I'm at work so I can't tell you exactly the menu path but I'm pretty sure it starts with EV settings on the home screen. If you can't find it let me know and when I get home I'll get the exact menu path for you.

Update: I found it in the manual: Select ‘EV → Energy Information’ on the screen. You can check battery information and energy consumption. Battery information You can check the vehicle expected range, total battery power remaining, and expected charging time for each charge type.

Note when you get to the EV Information screen you still need to click the little arrows to the right of AC or DC to get the screen where you SET the max charging %.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Jack Mark

Jack Mark New Member

thank you! Found it and managed to change it

Domenick and Mattsburgh like this.
  9. Jack Mark

Jack Mark New Member

Thank you!

10. Was it an ABB DCFC like the one at Superstore where I met you the other day (the one with the com error)in Nanaimo or was it a different make?
    Location of that successful charge location please.