Is the Kia Niro EV LAUNCH EDITION impossible to find?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by TonyATL, Aug 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TonyATL

TonyATL New Member

Hi fellow Niro Enthusiasts!
    I am preparing to lease a new Kia Niro EV in Georgia this week. three of the features that I really wanted was Front Facing parking sensors and a rearview mirror with Homelink included ( One would think for 45k Homelink would simply e included) and LED headlights. Questions:

1) Should I give up on finding a Launch Edition? My dealer has a EX Premium coming in that I think will be great...its just not a Launch edition.

2) Can a Home Link mirror from the PHEV or gas version work in the Kia Niro EV? My dealer's parts dept. just said they have no idea when/if the mirror specifically for the Niro EV will be available.

3) If I "give in" and just buy the Niro EV with the regular vs LED lights will I be losing out? How are the headlights that come as standard on the EX Premium? Can I simply change the headlights out for LED after-market?

My apologies if these items have already been discussed on the forum. Thank you to all for your great comments on this site!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RDA

RDA Member

Try King Kia in Gaithersburg MD. I see they have a launch edition on their website. I got a launch edition there a few months ago. 301-948-3333. Ask for Hugo. They have about 15 Niro Ev's in stock as they are a volume dealer. Also, I haven't seen any after market home link mirrors that work with the Niro EV.

Domenick likes this.
  4. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

There are instructions for installing LED headlights and fog lights elsewhere on this forum...

5. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

I bought my EX Premium Launch Edition at King Kia also...