Installing BlackVue Power Magic Pro on 2015 Chevy Volt

Discussion in 'Volt' started by Rockin' Kat, Jul 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rockin' Kat

Rockin' Kat New Member

So, I got my dad a blackvue dashcam and I'm trying to install a powermagic pro so it can run off the car's batteries for a set amount of time after the car is switched off to allow the camera to operate in parking mode.

The powermagic pro has three leads that connect to the car's fuse box. One for ground, one that goes to a location that is always on for parking mode (Battery), and one that goes to a location that is only on when the car is on(Accessory).

I put the the Battery lead on one I found read 12.38v with my multimeter when the car wasn't on, and tapped the other into the point that powers the DC jack between the rear seats since that shuts off if the car isn't on.

The end result didn't work at all. Didn't power the dashcam wether the car was turned on or not and I noticed that the LED on the PowerMagic Pro (which shuts off when power to the camera is cut) was very dim and pulsing. I checked the Accessory location and found that it's actually reading about 0.2v when the car is off.

I was going to try a couple other points in the fuse box but they were interfered with by the dash plastic(I'm using fuse tap leads that just plug in in place of an existing fuse and hold both the existing fuse and another that is for the camera side of it and they stick out a little too much).

Has anyone here ever hooked this up successfully? I can't find anything on google about using it with this specific car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rockin' Kat

Rockin' Kat New Member

My dumb, I didn’t have a good ground connection. Anyway, I hooked it into F11 & F15 in the left side dash fuse panel.

Francisco likes this.