ID.4 real life range

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by PeterRa, Dec 19, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PeterRa

PeterRa New Member

Hi all!
    Has anyone seen any real life range tests for the ID.4? I am considering the ID.4 or Volvo P8, and the Volvo seems to have a range f abt 200 miles, and this is a bit low, I think.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Following

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Nothing yet. I have not heard of any deliveries anywhere in the world.

5. briloop

briloop Member

As of 2020-12-21, I've seen maybe 2 or 3 people who have taken delivery post videos of their ID.4s on YouTube, but so far, no one has posted a video testing out the actual range. I would imagine someone will do an actual range test very soon. Check out Bjorn Nyland's YouTube channel. He is usually one of the first to get his hands on new EVs and he does really good range tests.

6. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Saw an ID4 Factory Test car, driven be a Test Driver here in Florida. I asked him about the range and he said that he was getting around 200 miles at 90% charge. He said that the test car was locked to 90% max charge.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. briloop

briloop Member

200 miles / .90 = 222.22 miles of range based on use of 100% of the battery capacity. However, the people who are driving these test cars are more than likely stomping on the accelerator to determine the 0-60 time, which can result in battery inefficiency.

What we need is someone to charge the vehicle up to 100%, then take the vehicle out on the road and drive it normally, without stomping on the accelerator. That should result in a more accurate assessment of the battery range.

9. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

I personally find that speaking in terms of efficiency, i.e., mi/kWh or kWh/100 km, is more meaningful than the guessometer range.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

10. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

He probably doesn't run it down to 0 either. So is the 200 miles how far he goes before stopping to recharge, or the estimated range if he were to run it down to zero?

11. FloridaSun

I didn't ask any details. I assume that he didn't run it down all the way to zero.. There may have also been significant highway use to get from Michigan to Florida.. As we know, highway driving kills range. I doubt that test drivers take it easy on the cars as they want to test durability.. I only talked to the guy for about 3 to 4 mins, so I wasn't able to ask more follow up questions. He left and I took the charging spot .

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. FloridaSun

I don't know.. All I know was that he said that he was getting about 200 mile range with 90% charge.. No details given. As I said in my other post, if this included highway travel at 70+ mph, 200 mile range at 90% is pretty good.. I doubt that the car was driven a lot around town..I guess if they drive the car cross country, it will mostly be highway and 200 miles at 90% at 70+mph, this would be very good range.