I need help scheduling charge times with my Ford PHEV

Discussion in 'Ford' started by George E Recinos, Dec 7, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. George E Recinos

George E Recinos New Member

Hey folks,

I recently purchased a used 2017 Ford Cmax Energi recently. I know it's no longer being produced, but my question may pertain to others with a plugin hybrid vehicle. I'm having problems scheduling charge times. More specifically, I'm trying to schedule my car to charge between 9PM and 6AM. I tried scheduling via the touch screen inside the car. I also tried scheduling charge times via the myFordMobile website. This includes setting up a "Value Charge Setting". I also set the My Go Times to 9AM. The best results indicated that the car was due to charge at the correct time, but one day into the future. I have Sync 3 ver. 3 installed. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Regards

George

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. George E Recinos

Update on my situation:

I was able to determine the cause of the problem. The clock on the vehicle was set to acquire from GPS. I noticed the time was off by 12 hours. After adjusting the time, the scheduling is now working perfect.

4. Spoonman.

Spoonman. Member

You'll have to adjust it every Daylight Savings Time as well (I used to own a C-Max.)

Domenick likes this.
  5. George E Recinos

Thanks for confirming. (I love this car :))

6. Spoonman.

Spoonman. Member

They're really nice cars! I wouldn't have sold mine except that I realized it had been poorly repaired after an accident before I bought it; it was getting rusty along shut lines and eating tires. I got my brother-in-law to buy one too and he's had much better luck.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. George E Recinos

I bought mine through Carvana. It arrived with some very minor cosmetic damage, but they are willing to pay a body shop to fix them. The car is in perfect working order, otherwise. It's quite the step up from my 2004 Ford Focus. It has a timeless appearance to it, it's easy to drive and has enough gadgetry to satisfy the geek inside. And of course, the fuel economy is great!