I lost sim card of my Nissan Leaf.

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by Wije817, Dec 16, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wije817

Wije817 New Member

I lost sim card of my Nissan Leaf. Please advise me how to get new one.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Call your local Nissan dealer; ask for the parts department.

Wije817 and Domenick like this.
  4. Wije817

Wije817 New Member

Our Sri Lankan Nissan dealer is AMW. They told that they can not do anything regarding this matter. Thereafter, I sent a detailed latter to foreign section of Nissan company, in Japan. Still they don't reply me. This is very bad matter. Now I have Nissan Leaf. But I don't have a SD card.

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Where did you buy the car? If you bought it used and not from a Nissan dealer, then maybe that's why they don't want to help you?

You can Google [nissan leaf sd card replacement] and see what others in your situation have done, but it looks like I already gave you the best advice: Get a replacement thru your local Nissan dealer, reportedly at a cost of $200-300. If they are refusing to help for some reason, then I guess you'll have to resort to some sort of hacking thing off the internet, which is likely to not work very well and may possibly even be technically illegal, at least in the USA, due to the insidious "Big Brother" DMCA laws.

Sorry, but it doesn't look like there is an easy fix for your problem. :(
    -

6. Here in the U.S., T-Mobile helped out people who sim cards stopped working because their carrier (AT&T) ended service on its 2G network. Is it possible any sim card for 2G will work?

Also, does the LEAF need a sim card to work, or just for the Carwings telematics?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Gabriel Teixeira

Gabriel Teixeira New Member

I think that Wije817 meant that he lost the SD card that is required to use all the functions available through the touch screen display. From what I heard, it is almost impossible to do it by yourself, you have to go through a Nissan dealer. May be someone manage to hack it. If your car has been imported to Sri Lanka second hand, thus first you need to know where the car was sold new. The next step is to locate a dealer on this country that would accept to ship the SD card to Sri Lanka. Then you send them the info needed to create the new copy of the SD card (the VIN and the codes that appear in the infotainement screen) and they will order the SD card to Nissan, that will build and encrypt it specifically to the specific car, then the SD card will be shipped to the dealer, which will then ship it to you.

I don't think that the Nissan Leaf has any SIM card for the wireless connection (it must be a chip soldered directly on the board, like many IoT products), and even if it does, I'm not sure if it would even work in Sri Lanka. Nissan does not sell the Leaf in Sri Lanka officially (at least www.nissanlk.com only lists Sunny, Syphy and Teana), so I guess that they will not give any support to it.