How readily available are parts & service?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by TheLight75, Jun 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

I've been reading through a few Tesla forums and there is a lot of frustration due to an extreme lack of parts & service availability due to Tesla's rapid growth since the M3 rollout last year. That got me thinking about the same for our Kona EV's.

Has anyone had any issues getting parts or service yet on the Kona?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Other than EV components, the kona still comes in the gas version.
    I dont think parts are going to be an issue, considering major construction is not just limited to the EV vehicle.

4. Apples to oranges. Hyundai has a well established mature worldwide distribution and service network compared to Tesla. Not saying EV specific parts might not have some delay based on likely shipments from the mother source but clearly Hyundai has some advantages in this area.

5. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

I would agree with you as that is also a big part of the rationale as to why I went with the Kona, but I'm curious to hear about real-world availability of EV parts & service. :)

BC-Doc likes this.
  6. A couple folks on the forum had crashes. They took about a month to repair. Not too bad. So it seems parts aren't much of an issue.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    TheLight75 and electriceddy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

That's pretty on par with auto body repairs for ICE vehicles. Nice!

9. GL Ontario

GL Ontario Member

My car accident was March 13 and the collision centre finished the repairs May 31st.

It took approximately 2 months to get all the parts they needed. Very frustrating wait and poor planning on Hyundai's part.

Side note: still waiting for he car as I was not happy with some of the repairs. Should be ready next week.

10. Sorry to hear that, were you the rear ended one or the deer hit, I can't remember now. What was unsatisfactory with the repairs?

11. GL Ontario

GL Ontario Member

The rear ended one.
    The trunk didn't close properly (when closed not sealed right) , they didn't reset the rear sensors, poor paint job in a spot inside the trunk.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I thought the rear sensors would have be changed to new, didn't know a reset could fix them. Hope the repairs work out 100% for you.

Vanryan likes this.
  14. Igor

Igor New Member

I live in Ukraine, in 10 days a container with my Kona will come to the port. I have a lot of repairs to replace the hood, roof, windshield, and tailgate glass. I want to know how much the parts cost in USA or Canada. [email protected]

15. Was this vehicle in a roll over?

16. Igor

Igor New Member

No.[​IMG]