HondaLink Primary Driver

Discussion in 'Honda' started by PabloK, May 4, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. PabloK

PabloK New Member

I'm in the process of getting my wife set up in her new Clarity - and she was having issues with the HondaLink app on her iphone - so i tried it on my iphone and mine worked.

Then i got a strange email from Honda that says_
    Notice of Primary Driver Change
    We have received a request to change the primary driver of your 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid.

If you agree and no longer own the vehicle, no action is required. Once the new primary driver’s access is approved, your vehicle information will be removed from your HondaLink mobile app.

I'm assuming that since my wife was partially thru the process, she was the primary driver.
    But it would also appear that only one person can be assigned to the car.

the only other thing i can think of is that we were using fob#1 - so the car thinks whoever holds that fob is the primary and if you want to register another driver in HondaLink, you have to have fob #2 in the car???

Honda is closed on the weekends - so i'm hoping someone has some experience.

gracias.
    p

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I *think* this should answer your question: my husband downloaded the HondaLink app first and made himself the primary driver. When I tried to pair our car to my HondaLink account, it said the same thing - alerted that primary driver had to transfer ownership. I called Honda to inquire about having both of us associated with the vehicle and she walked me through a process on the owner website that didn't result in anything, and she actually said she never knew this was an issue, to have two accounts associated with the same vehicle. She said the engineers of the app are "aware" of the issue and are working on fixing it (who knows!) but for now we can only login through my husband's account. It's not a biggy for me because I just want to see the charging info on the app but it's definitely an oversight that Honda should fix fast!

4. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I have a base Clarity, but with other Honda vehicles that I own the memory for seat, mirrors, etc., is tied to the fob. On my wife's Pilot, she has 1 and I have 2. That matches the door button memories.

On the HondaLink app I installed the app on her phone exactly as on mine. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and she has an iPhone 8. I used my login on both.

It lets her feel like she can spy on me!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app