Honda link is killing me.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Nikko508, Jul 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Nikko508

Nikko508 Member

Hello everyone. I have a small love hate problem with the hondalink that I'm hopping someone can help me with. I normally turn the climate control on in the morning to get the battery going and warmed up with no issues but when I get to work I can't see any info in the app and I can't turn on the climate control. This happens all the time, does anyone else have a problem like this? Is it a setup problem? Wifi problem? Or is it just a problem?
    Thanks in advance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Francofun

Francofun Member

I am guessing you have a connectivity issue at work. What kind of 3G network coverage (cellular) do you have where the car is parked while working? You may try to connect to a nearby wifi network, but you might have to change it back at home... but maybe you can setup more than one wifi?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Inside EVs

4. Nikko508

Nikko508 Member

So, I'm using the mobile network as I've always used nothing changed. I do agree with you though. I wonder if I turn on my mobile Hotspot if that would work.

5. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

The climate system will only start if the car interior and ambient temperature are within a prescribed range.

I'm guessing the car or outside temperature has warmed so the system won't start.

6. Nikko508

Nikko508 Member

No it's not that. The app shows no information and I can only use the locate my car nothing else works.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Oh. That's weird.

9. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Just a guess - at work you are on your office wifi that is filtering access from your smartfone to Honda servers. May be try to shut down wifi on your phone and try using cell connection.

JFon101231 likes this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Not many have found the love for the problematic HondaLink app. I always wonder, is the version that non-Clarity Honda owners pay for just as bad?

Nikko508 likes this.
  11. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

My other vehicles are a F150 and a Jeep GRand Cherokee. Jeep and Ford smart phone aps are no better than Honda's. In other words - useless.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Possibly weak cell signal - in the US I believe they use AT&T. At work, it barely worked until I added the car to our work WiFi. Once I did that, no more issues.

insightman likes this.