Here's my new launch edition Bolt EUV

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by Ken J, Jul 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ken J

Ken J New Member

Lucked into this launch edition Bolt EUV a week ago. The dealership manager had ordered it for herself but decided to put it up for sale instead. Fortunately I found it through the Chevy web site the day they posted it. Since it was exactly what I wanted I called up the dealership and said I was driving the 60 miles to see it right then. Good thing I did - while I was finalizing the purchase someone else wanted to take it for a test drive. They had 3 in the premier trim and they were all gone the next day.

Paid MSRP minus $1500 from the state (CA) and $1000 from Costco. I already had an installer for the 240V line so I took the $500 EVgo credit instead. I'm taking it back to the dealer next week to get the illuminated charge port installed.

20210716_132522.jpg 20210722_122525.jpg 20210722_122546.jpg

Boogaloo, electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dave Shiels

Dave Shiels New Member

Nice, I like it.

4. That's awesome, congratulations! Great to hear the others were being snapped up as well.
    Let's hope the Federal Tax credit comes back for Chevrolet as well. Every incentive helps.

5. I really like the color, particularly the light interior with lots of rear legroom. Looks like it fits perfect in your garage, congratulations and enjoy!

6. larrenz

larrenz Member

Sweet car. Does it have a panoramic sunroof?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ken J

Ken J New Member

Yes. The launch edition is a Premier model with the Sun & Sound and Super Cruise packages plus a few extras like a lighted charge port.

9. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Is this vehicle also included in those being cautiously requested to be kept outside and charged only with supervision?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Ken J

Ken J New Member

No. The battery recalls are limited to the 2017-2019 Bolt EV's. The problem was apparently fixed for new vehicles during the 2019 model year.

GaryClark and Domenick like this.
  11. Reydawg909

Reydawg909 New Member

Nice color,
    You may want to consider getting some ceramic tint all around... Real nice ride

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Actually NO double check the Bolt news

14. Laurie Forbes

Laurie Forbes New Member

That's not my understanding of it. AFAIK the recall involves all model years.

15. Barter1

Barter1 New Member

GM could have warned us late buyers of the potential problems as they did not have a fix and were guessing that the 2020 - 2022 could also have problems. I have the 2021 and love driving it and no gas. It is fast enough and I think it has a great design as it fits 4 people or my golf clubs and cart. I did put 3M tint on it and it looks even better. Bolt Tint.jpg

GaryClark likes this.
  16. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Looks great. Keep it isolated from the house and cars while parked to be on the safe side. The tint was worth the money. Wondering is ceramic tint to cut down on the heat would help conserve cooling energy while driving.

17. Barter1

Barter1 New Member

Yes it cuts down on heat but also on the amount of sunlight that enters so less glare more relaxed environment. Have it outside, but to charge have to get close to the front of the garage and near the neighbors' house. Will have to look for a extension cord.

GaryClark likes this.