Help me make my Clarity better

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by M. Shah, May 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

New owner. I already created a thread with the short comings of the car that I see and wanted to see if there are tips:

1. Honda Link app: Is super buggy. Does not update even after closing the app and restarting. It is currently showing it was last updated 2 hours ago. Problem is I have a Level 1 charger that I have set to only charge after 10 PM in the app. There are times when I want the car to charge right away at plugging or want to start the car remotely and the app does not cooperate. I have both a Samsung S10 and an iPhone 8 and it has the same issue. I have also connected the car to my home wifi incase the signal is not good in my garage.

2. Planning to buy a Level 2 EVSE. This should solve the problem of me being able to charge whenever I want since I can remove all charging settings from the Honda app. I loved how in my Ford, it could be set that the car charged automatically when connected to a charger outside my house and the car would charge late in the night when electric rates were lower. Any EVSE you would recommend?

3. I have 5 pages on the Honda touch interface. Do you guys have any tips to make the info entertainment screen more usable so I can get the maximum info on one screen.

More questions to follow. Thank you!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

1. Use the key fob to charge.
    2. Same as above.
    3. You can make it show the station chooser button and source and what's playing and balance/fade button all on the same screen with the alternate UI, but you still can't combine screens (e.g. radio + energy info display). It'll just show the full section split into tiles on the screen instead of the radio or whatever taking up the whole display.
    https://imgur.com/a/eibx89C

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I would recommend the Charge Point EVSE. It’s been bullet proof for me for the last year and its app has worked flawlessly with no bugs or connectivity problems. It tracks kWh and costs several ways and easily schedules charging better than Honda Link.

It has a very sleek design with cord and handle storage along with a very easy to see large glow to show status as opposed to small LEDs. Their support has also been top notch the few times I’ve called.

You can get two different cord lengths and plug in or direct wire. It comes with all the mounting hardware (screws, template, and even drill and nut driver tip). And the direct wire version wires in with spring loaded terminals that make it easy to DIY and/or take it with you if you move.

If you’re a DIYer, I found the cheapest installation is to run the wire yourself, buy a breaker, install the EVSE on the wall, and pay an electrician for 1 hour of labor to hook it all up. This let me install for less than $150 plus cost of EVSE. And this way you get proof the install meets code and is signed off by a licensed electrician so there is no future problem with your insurance company in the event of a claim.

5. dnb

dnb Active Member

These seem to be the most recommended:

https://smile.amazon.com/ChargePoint-Enabled-Electric-Vehicle-Charger/dp/B071CV8KVK

https://smile.amazon.com/JuiceBox-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Station/dp/B00UB9R4KO

You can also get the JuiceBox from Costco:

https://www.costco.com/JuiceBox-Pro-40-Amp-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Station-EVSE-with-JuiceNet-24-ft-cable.product.100397573.html

Looks like Amazon currently has them on sale so all are ~$550-600, the Juicebox seems like a better deal atm since its 24ft and max of 40amp vs 32amp of the Chargepoint, but the Chargepoint design seems nicer since it plugs into itself on the wall.

6. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

#1 you can update by locating the car. You will have to update 2 or 3 times by pressing the button. Take about 2 minutes and it will update.