Heat Pump Question

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Lainey, Jan 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I have never had a car with a heat pump or a house with one either. It sounds rather loud humming in my
    garage when pre-conditioning and wondering if that's really normal or not.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Normal

Texas22Step likes this.
  4. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Thanks! In my 1 car garage it was much louder than I expected - I suppose I expected a hum, and not as much as I got though. Outside showing my dad he said it was totally normal. We tested all the fun remote options to just play for fun and that one popped up. Good to know it's just loud (and probably stupidity echoy in the garage).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  5. Yep mine to, only used it for heat so far but I am sure it will be the same when cooling the vehicle in the summer time.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Does the heat-pump double as the car's air-conditioner? My MINI's A/C wasn't anywhere near as loud last summer as the heat-pump is this winter. Why can't I buy a Haynes manual for my MINI like I had for my 1968 Mini?

Carsten Haase and Lainey like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Thats funny, sarcasm always makes me laugh because I come from the land that invented it.

9. I just asked this same question today, not realizing it was a heat pump. So yes, my 2022 is quite load as well.

Lainey likes this.