Growing charging infrastructure

Discussion in 'General' started by FloridaSun, Jan 17, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

When I first got my Kona Electric in June 28, there were only 5 public charging locations (1x Level 3 and 4x Level 2) in my town of 100k people.. 7 months later, there are now 14 (2x Level 3 and 12x Level 2)
    I hope that the infrastructure will keep growing at that pace.

Screenshot_20200117-092852_PlugShare.jpg

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

Situation getting better in South Eastern Ontario as well. FLO, Petro Canada and Canadian Tire stores all getting in on the act. I recently was able to take my
    40kwh 2018 Leaf on a 340km run in cold weather. It required 2 short L3 top ups and 1 for about 40 minutes but it was doable. Total time at chargers was a little over an hour. Battery heating was minimal. Brought temperature up to 6 bars out of 12 which actually helped range. Had to chip the frozen rain off the FLO charger in Norwood just to get the plug out and the release button working. Would be nice if the chargers were sheltered at least over the plugs.

I haven't had the software upgrade for faster charging which made this a little more cumbersome than it might have been otherwise but I only do runs like this maybe a half dozen times a year. Very pleased about the expanding infrastructure. Seemed like it was never going to happen at first.

FloridaSun likes this.