Full features list anywhere?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Rothgarr, Apr 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Member

I'm interested in getting an EV to use the 4,000 + kWh we overproduce in a year with our solar. I'm looking at the Bolt, the Model 3 (standard plus), etc.

But the Tesla website seems so sparse on information with regards to all features of the car. The Bolt page on Chevy's site, on the other hand, list every single feature.

I'm looking for information like if the Model 3 has automatic seat/mirror adjustments depending on who is driving (based on the key card/fob), etc. While I understand that Tesla's features may change frequently since they do software updates, I imagine there's gotta be a more comprehensive features list somewhere. A long list like this.

I also have a question regarding Autopilot (NOT the Full Driving option). Is that basically the same thing that came with my wife's Pilot (and a standard feature on many cars now) where it's lane keep assist, keeps distance from the car in front of you, etc.? (The lane keep assist on my wife's Pilot will steer around turns, etc. but it complains if your hands aren't on the wheel). Or is Tesla's Autopilot a lot more than that? (EDIT: I guess with all the cameras is has additional accident avoidance features)

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen an exhaustive, detailed list of features for any Tesla car. What I'd suggest is calling the nearest Tesla store in your area and asking a rep there if they have such a list available either online or by e-mail.

But to address some of your specific questions:

From Telslarati (2 March 2019): Tesla (Enhanced) Autopilot vs. Full Self-Driving: What’s the difference now?

Re driver profiles (seat position, side mirror adjustment, etc.): I can't speak from personal experience, but a brief survey of the issue via Google suggests that in the Model 3, you can set up several driver profiles, but you have to switch from one profile to another using the touchscreen controls. I see multiple requests for this to be automatic based on key card or iPhone synching, but so far as I can see, Tesla hasn't enabled this in the Model 3 altho it's available in the Model S/X.

However, it's possible that this has been enabled recently and my Google-fu just missed it.

You might find this discussion thread helpful, since it does at least list what functions are controlled by the driver profile:

From the official Tesla.com forum: "Does Model 3 have driver profiles ?"

4. brulaz

brulaz Active Member

I've had the same problem.
    Apparently the Standard Plus model (partial Premium Interior) has heated front seats, but you have to go to full Premium Interior for heated rear seats.
    But no model 3 has a heated steering wheel?
    And I still don't know how much bigger the Standard Plus battery is over the 50 kWh Standard size.

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any evidence that the Standard Range Plus has a larger capacity battery pack than the Standard Range. The increase in range might be due to improved electronics with higher energy efficiency, or heck, possibly even just a software tweak. Tesla has already shown it can upgrade the powertrain efficiency with an OTA software upgrade, so I think it's possible the Standard Range Plus has such an advantage over the Standard Range.

I see that on the Tesla Motors Club forum, someone has speculated that the SR pack is just a software limited SR+ pack. That, too, seems entirely possible.