First sighting in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by EnerG, Jan 13, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

It is starting to feel real now! Thanks for posting. Was the Kona in Richmond? What was your first gut reaction to seeing it? i.e. Like it or disappointed etc.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  3. Burnaby Tom

Burnaby Tom Member

Thanks EnerG. The plates say OpenRoad Boundary - that's my dealership!
    Did you happen to see a white one? :)

4. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

The car was located in Vancouver. The dealer told me they had 4 of them but I only saw this one. I was surprised and disappointed to see the price tag on this even higher than the list price we had heard about earlier.

The window sicker says the color is silver. I thought it was charcoal as it is quite dark. This color paint may be an upcharge if it is considered a pearl. Personally I liked the color but I don't think an upcharge would be justified. It looks like a plain old car, rather subdued. It definitely does not scream EV in any sense of the word.

Maybe it should scream a bit louder so that people get the message that cheap and cheerful companies like Hyundai are in the EV game with a car that isn't an EV Clown Car and putting companies like Honda, Toyota and Mazda on notice. The only Kona EV exclusive color for Canadians is the Ceramic Blue. I've seen a very nice yellow/green Kona as I recall it was for a US gas version. Some color like that or a burnt orange would have been nice as an exclusive Kona EV color. Well maybe in 2020.

So in my opinion it is not a clown car...well the front end is going to take some getting used too, but it still easier on the eyes than the gen 1 Leaf's butt.

CJC likes this.