First Drive Reviews

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by SThomas219, Oct 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Pretty nice for an early pre-production model.

Agzand likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

Nice first impressions. I'm a little disappointed with a 7 second 0-60. I don't want a glass roof, and I hate black or white for the interior colors. I drove the eTron and was very impressed with its solidity and luxury, but the base model does not come with AAC or LKAS! And the 220 mile range is limp. For the same money I could get a Model X, which is supposedly greatly improved, faster, with better range, and the Supercharger network.

chris5168 likes this.
  4. Here is the first drive video on InsideEVs done by Out Of Spec Motoring.

5. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

I was surprised to see this after the delay announcement. The software seemed buggy in this one. Wonder why they didn't update it to the latest version before media drives.

6. FISHEV

FISHEV Member

He notes early it's a prototype and not fully functional on the screens etc.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Another review:

Main problem is buggy infotainment. It sounds like ID.3 is getting an update right now, so by the time we get the cars, hopefully the issues will be resolved by the time we get the car.

Edit: Kyle said on Twitter earlier that the embargo against pictures has been lifted, so we will likely see a lot of good stuff today.

Domenick likes this.
  9. Kyle from Out Of Spec got to spend a few days with the car and put together a couple more detailed videos, so I thought I'd share them here as well.

First is a full, detailed tour of the car. The second is a detailed driving impressions video.

Angelo, ericy and davidtm like this.