Feature List for Canadian Ioniq 5

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Toolworker, Jul 21, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. This feature list might be of interest as we in the U.S. wait for more details. It was compiled from the Canadian pre-order page, which lists four trim configurations:
    • Preferred (58 kWh RWD)
    • Preferred Long Range (77.4kWh RWD)
    • Preferred AWD Long Range
    • Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate Package
    In summary, most of the neat features will be available in Canada only in the Ultimate trim. From the little information now on the U.S. website, it looks like Hyundai may be less heavy-handed down here.

These features are listed on all four configurations:

Performance Features
    EV Ultra Fast Charger (up to 800V)
    Heat Pump & Battery Heating System
    Shift-by-Wire gear selector
    Drive Mode Select
    Regenerative braking system with steering-wheel mounted paddles
    4-wheel disc brakes
    Independent Front suspension & Multi-Link Rear suspension
    Electronic Parking Brake with Vehicle AutoHold​
    Safety Features
    Vehicle Stability Management with Electronic Stability Control and Traction Control System
    Hillstart Assist Control & Downhill Brake Control
    Regenerative Braking System with Anti-lock Braking System
    Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
    Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
    Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
    Lane Following Assist (LFA)
    High Beam Assist (HBA)
    Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
    Rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
    Safe Exit Assist (SEA)
    Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)
    Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with stop-and-go capability
    Remote Keyless Entry System with Alarm and Immobilizer
    Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Individual Tire Indicator
    Tire Mobility Kit (TMK)​
    Interior Features
    12.3-inch Electroluminescent Gauge Cluster with EV Technology Display
    12.3-inch Navigation system with EV Technology functions
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel
    Tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel with audio, cruise & phone controls
    8-way power driver’s seat with height adjustment and 2-way power lumbar
    Heated front seats
    LED interior lighting
    LED Illuminated vanity mirrors & sunvisor extensions
    Sliding 2nd row seat
    Dual Automatic Temperature Control with Driver Only mode
    Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
    SiriusXM™
    BlueLink® connected vehicle system
    Center console with storage compartment and armrest
    2nd row bench seats including 60/40 split fold-down & fold-almost-flat
    Front & rear cargo areas with cargo hooks and cargo-area lights
    Heated steering wheel
    Adjustable head restraints for all positions
    Rear seat centre armrest with cupholders​
    Exterior Features
    Proximity keyless entry with push button start
    LED daytime running lights (DRL)
    LED tail lights
    Rear spoiler with LED brake light
    Heated side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators
    Sharkfin antenna
    Solar glass and rear privacy glass
    Hidden charger door on rear side panel
    These features in the Ultimate package are either upgraded from (italics with differences underlined) or unavailable in other Preferred levels.

Ultimate Safety Features
    Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) with Pedestrian, Cyclist, Junction Turning & Crossing Detection
    Highway Driving Assist II (HDA II)
    Parking Distance Warning - Forward / Reverse (PDW-F/R)

Surround View Monitor (SVM)
    Blind View Monitor (BVM)
    Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist - Reverse​
    Ultimate Interior Features
    8-way Power passenger seat with power lumbar
    Power windows with front auto up/down

Hands-free “Smart Trunk” with automatic opening
    Rain Sensing Wipers
    Two-way onboard charger
    Wireless Device Charging
    Bose premium audio (8 speakers)
    Leatherette seating surfaces
    Premium Relaxation Seating (Driver)
    Ventilated front seats
    Heated rear seats
    Advanced Head-Up Display (Augmented Reality)
    Driver's Integrated Memory System (IMS)
    Ambient lighting
    Sliding center console
    Inside rear view mirror, auto-dimming with HomeLink®
    Rear side window sun shades
    Cargo cover​
    Ultimate Exterior Features
    20” alloy wheels
    Auto flush door handles

Vision Sunroof
    Full LED Headlights (Low & high Projection)
    "V" LED Light Guide Front and Rear
    Power folding side mirrors​

NeilBlanchard likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. eastpole, EVatLast and hwitten like this.
  4. Kebec53

Kebec53 New Member

Anybody knows why in the Ultimate version there is a driver only relaxation seat instead of also adding the front passenger?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. Particularly when photos show both seats in a deep recline, like this one from the Hyundai U.S. website:

[​IMG]

The Hyundai UK website says "Enjoy premium comfort with two fully reclining relaxation seats in the front. Lean all the [way] back ..." Specs show two optional seats on the top trim level: "Memory Seats Driver and Passenger" and "Premium Relaxation Seats - Driver and Passenger."

So it looks like another case of Hyundai stripping features from North America that are offered elsewhere in the world. Sound familiar?

6. pucksave

pucksave Member

Every time that I start to fall for the Ionic 5, Hyundai ham-handed reveal and ridiculous lack of price info for NA causes me to thank God I've got a reservation for the AWD ID.4.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Northern Bernie

Northern Bernie New Member

I just noticed that the Canadian pre order site now only has black cloth for the under trims and only gray leather for the ultimate package. Hopefully they aren't eliminating the gray cloth! Ive seen it and it's nice looking. I'm thinking maybe they don't want to sell any more of those interiors.
    Thoughts from anyone else? I'll be a bit annoyed if black cloth is the only interior choice besides on the ultimate.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Based on the dearth of accurate information forthcoming from North American Hyundai honchos, I believe those honchos have no say whatsoever in what the company sends across the ocean. Their job is to bow as each vehicle rolls off the ship and exclaim, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

Note to self: Do not apply for a position as a North American Hyundai honcho--the job must be even more frustrating than being a hopeful Hyundai customer.

10. I see grey cloth. Selection looks the same as previous.

11. Northern Bernie

Northern Bernie New Member

I see that now, weird.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ironic ioniq

ironic ioniq New Member

Thanks for your efforts. That really shows what one gets with the Ultimate package over the others. Didn't like that the Hyundai website didn't have such a comparison chart.

14. Kebec53

Kebec53 New Member

After a lot of trying, I understand that the USA passenger seat has the leg recliner but not in Canada as both have the driver one. Silly but understandable as Canada has by far the very best value for the equivalent CAD price

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

15. The orientation video on the Hyundai U.S. site specifically says that the DRIVER'S side reclines, not the passenger. I watched it yesterday.

16. insightman

Will there be an Ultimate Ultimate model with 2 reclining seats? I'm at a loss why Hyundai wouldn't sell a model with everything the offer in other countries--that model would make them the most profit.

17. I can only imagine the factors that go into deciding features and pricing in given territories. Customer preferences, sales history, market ideosyncracies, not to mention ev incentives would all factor in to the equation. Sharpening the pencil on every knob, screw and fixture would be key to hitting profitability. And while we haven't seen the U.S. pricing yet, the Canadian price point is by far the most favourable cost for the most generous package of features. Trust me, Australia and Great Britain, despite having access to more features, are paying a big premium for the privilege. Even North Korea is steep in comparison. I would venture that at some point in the future different options might be available.

insightman likes this.
  18. Richardd962

Richardd962 New Member

Pricing in Canada is build around the government incentives, the federal rebate of 5000$ if for a vehicle with a starting point of 44999.99$ and a maximum before options of 55000$, and the Quebec and British Columbia have a maximum of 60000$ with option, before fees.
    This explain the top trim of preferred LR AWD with option ultimate package .

19. Hyundai consistently provides features in other countries that it withholds from U.S. customers. I would love to have forward proximity sensors and electric folding side mirrors on my Kona EV, but they are not available in the U.S. Neither is a heat pump. And I would have gotten a 2022 model had Hyundai not removed the heads-up display available in earlier years.

20. insightman

IMHO, naming a trim level "Ultimate" should indicate it includes every feature a company makes for a vehicle. "Oh, we don't want to have a model priced above the Tesla equivalent," is not a good excuse because those features would make it worth more than the Tesla "equivalent." Run it up the flagpole and see how many salute with one hand while pulling out their pocketbooks with the other. Are there focus groups that say they don't want all those features?

Toolworker likes this.
  21. MTPL-EV

MTPL-EV New Member

Thanks for sharing this. I am curious about solar panel option. It is not offered for any trim/package.

22. Seems like its just available in limited European markets. As cool as it sounds, it just adds a lot of weight, expense, extra complexity for very little gain (~5-6km/day in sunny days, so maybe a 1kw in summer).