engineering mode/ dealer mode

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Dan Pasch, Apr 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

I like looking at info an also seeing android settings. I can get into dealer mode but has anyone successfully got into engineering mode on a 2019 kona preferred ( 7 inch screen)?

dealer mode is simple, use the volume control on the steering wheel and the right button just below the radio -> car on go to setup-> version then set volume to 0 then set volume to 7 press right button then volume to 3,then press right button, then 1, then right button then it pops up with password 2400 worked for me for dealer mode. shows you radio info an that. but ive read elsewhere that you can get engineering mode from the same spot with a different code, has anyone tried it? i tried 2900 and 0428 with no luck

i tried doing the 5 taps and 1 on the other side on the same screen but couldnt get to it at all, and also tried the screensaver screen as well

milesian likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

The 5 taps did work for me... twice at different times. It takes some patience and repetitions. It did not respond to the same locations as the video I watched. Trial and error. I did this about 3 or 4 recalls ago. I went through all the menus and found nothings that would help me see anymore than I see on the menus. Many of the sub menus were in Korean and I don't read Korean. I don't recommend doing it as I think it is a waste of time. It does not monitor battery SOC or let you change menus. It doesn't turn modify the low speed sound output of the car or change anything about it. Many of the menus put the car into testing modes that you would likely not have the specialized equipment to use. I would not want to change something only to make something not work.