Eco Score?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Shawn Ligocki, Jun 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Anyone know how the "Eco Score" works or what it means? I interpret this as a very bad Eco Score, saying that I drive very inefficiently. However this is what I see every time I turn the car off. This time it was for a 1 mile show drive home from a charger. Am I really bad at driving? Or is this Eco Score totally bogus?

IMG_20190623_231153.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Meaningless fru-fru. The software engineers should have put their effort into giving us more menu choices or more information.

Teamchang, Texas22Step and insightman like this.
  4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I agree. A KWh per mile readout, ICE hour meter, and TPMS system that shows PSI on each wheel would have been FAR more useful.

Teamchang and Daniel M W like this.
  5. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

I think the car is telling you that you should have biked or walked that mile instead.

6. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

The bar will gradually move from left to right as you use the car over the next few months. It’s hard to imagine anything less useful. :confused:

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

What he said. The bar fills in left to right. The number of leaves on the icons changes as the bar fills in by thirds. It's the total number of plants that is your "score", not how many leaves are on them. Five is the best you can get. Eventually the bar will be full, yet it will remain utterly meaningless.

9. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

What @petteyg359 and @Sandroad said.

After 6 months now, I am at fully leaved plants - does that mean I have a green thumb ??

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

No, it means you have a green right ankle.

Robin and Texas22Step like this.
  11. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

I reached ECO nirvana at 3876 miles...still waiting for whats next. Was a nice fireworks display on the dash for a few seconds though after reaching the milestone.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Wait, what?, fireworks? - I should have been told about this before I bought CPO.

14. Oh, I see, it's a cumulative measure. Showing how much of a good choice I made by buying this car and helping the Earth over time. It's not telling me how well I drove today so that I can try and be more efficient tomorrow?

15. bill_m

bill_m Member

Actually the Eco Drive Display is supposed help you become a more fuel efficient driver. It is a kind of shameless video game to get you to do less aggressive accelerations and decelerations. It is one of the choices in the Driver Information Interface.

16. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

They needed to use of these ;) for eco driving, one of these :( for non-eco driving, one of these :eek: for flat out acceleration, and one of these :confused: for "What the heck is my Clarity doing now?"

Texas22Step likes this.
  17. Paddy

Paddy Member

Those data are already there. Just need to incorporate them to the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

MichiganClarity

Yeah...sounds like you got taken for a ride...lol

Perhaps if the Clarity can be returned to its infancy stage...you should be able to see the graphics once you gather 4 green ECO plants(?)

MichiganClarity likes this.
  19. RataTejas

RataTejas New Member

At least the leaves on my C-Max came and went according to some overall theory. That and you got regen/braking/acceleration scores

20. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    What do you mean by this? How do you know that the car stores this info?

21. Robin

Robin Member

I always find the “regen recapture percentage” on Ford’s I’ve rented to be an amusing challenge.