Documenting Clarity Beeps

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Dan Albrich, Oct 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

1) The normal reason is that the car, for some reason, cannot auto-lock when one has walk-away auto-lock enabled. The simplest thing to fix this is to walk up to the car and press the door handle lock (or Fob lock icon). If this is the cause, it will lock the doors, and not continue beeping.
    2) If you walk away from the car without turning it off first. May sound obvious but its easy to do with a car that doesn't typically run any engine you can hear.
    3) If the headlights are set to ON instead of AUTO and you turn off the car you may hear one or more beeps. i.e. You should either turn off the lights or select auto.
    4) car will beep if a door or trunk open when driving. The car also does a verbal warning if the passenger tries to undo their seatbelt while the car is still moving.
    5) The car may not let you lock it if another FOB is still in the car. This happens to us sometimes if my wife leaves her purse in the car, with FOB in the purse.
    6) Separate but seems related, the trunk won't let you close it if your key is in the trunk. Maybe seems self evident, but the car is 'smart' enough not to let you do this to yourself.
    7) the car beeps twice when recalling a driver seat position if it's different than the last driver.
    8) The car beeps when one has a charging schedule but decides to charge immediately.
    9) Road departure mitigation (if driver doesn't respond to leaving road).

Anyway, it might be nice to document beeping in this thread. Sorry if too redundant with other threads but couldn't find any compilation of beeping. Also, since the car does single beep (for many things) those may not be worthy of mention.
    Typically one gets frustrated only on the occasions the car does 2 or more beeps and you can't immediately figure out why.

Monte Benaresh and insightman like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AveSharia

AveSharia New Member

Today was the first time I have ever accidentally put gas into a running car. :oops:

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Here’s another beep to document:
    The totally inadequate (IMHO) Roadrunner “meep-meep” excuse for a horn (an attempt by Honda to be energy efficient?)
    I found it so puny that I added an air horn.
    Can you hear me now? Yes you can!
    And so far no affect on the range, although I rarely use it.

5. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Mine has a tendency to emit a fast series of beeps when I lean into the trunk with the fob in my pocket. It also does this when I walk past the driver's side of the trunk when exiting the car. Usually, after this behavior, it will not allow me to open the trunk unless I push the button inside or on the fob - or open the driver's door.

6. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Mine does the same beeps sometimes but I have never noticed a problem with closing the trunk nor can I imagine the reason of the beeps since I don't do anything different.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I leave my headlights on (not auto). When I turn off the car and walk away they stay on for about 10-15 seconds (beeping) then turn off. The problem with auto is they only come on when it's dark. I want mine on all the time.

My wife and I have both noticed a faint beep when we get in the car. It happens whether the car is turned on or not. Haven't figured that one out yet.

9. AveSharia

AveSharia New Member

Maybe the passenger airbag?

10. That is what we've considered, but it beeps whether or not someone is sitting in the passenger seat.

11. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

"The problem with auto is they only come on when it's dark."

Sort of a work-around or partial fix maybe --> I like to leave my headlights on all the time too. I found a setting probably under vehicle for the AUTO light sensitivity. I set mine to MAX. Doing so even turns on the head lights in the summer time when I drive under shady trees. So suddenly AUTO becomes more akin to "ON" and avoids unnecessary beeping. So not a total fix, but much improved 'AUTO' over default setting for my taste.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

From one use to the next, when a different fob is present for the opening of the driver's door the system adjusts the driver's seat to the fob memory number and beeps to tell you that.