Did Tesla Just Sell My Car?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Jimct, Aug 17, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

I live in Connecticut, which in its backwards way doesn't allow Tesla to sell in state. The only option is to buy on line and accept delivery in Mount Kisco NY, 2 hours away.

I ordered a Model 3 LR AWD last March, and the day before my delivery date they postponed, and issued a new VIN. I had to cancel the rental car and insurance and start over. The day before the new delivery they had to close the store because of the pandemic (Westchester County was a hot spot) and changed my delivery to Sept. Again, cancel rental and insurance.

Aug. 5 they called to say the car would be in on the 15th and could I pick it up then. That was a Saturday and I couldn't get there until Monday, so they changed the delivery to Mon. 8/17. Much to my surprise the local rental car companies discontinued one way rentals, so my son, who lives in NYC agreed to take Monday off, drive the 3 hours up Sunday to take me to the delivery Monday morning.

Sunday morning they called to say the car didn't come in, and they would reassign another vehicle as soon as possible. I managed to alert my son before he left home, but he still had to burn the day off and I cancelled insurance for the third time. I decided 3 strikes and out, so I cancelled the order altogether. Just too logistically complicated.

Am I remiss in thinking they were quick to unassign the car as opposed to delaying the delivery date? Sounds like they had the car but found an easy buyer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Tesla has a production problem, not a demand problem. Usually, the best time is the last month of a quarter. Then they want to move inventory.

Bob Wilson