Desired App Improvements

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Steven B, May 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

...as though anyone from Honda ever reads these threads...

Desired App Improvements:
    1) Allow charge scheduling end time based on SOC (Start at x Time, Stop at y%). Allowing us to set the charging to stop at 90% would prevent the ICE turn-on when the regen paddle is engaged after full charge. I still forget to lay off the paddles after a full charge.
    2) Allow scheduled end time adjustment after charge started (currently the schedule cannot be changed after the charging has begun).
    3) If car is plugged in after scheduled start time, begin charging immediately.

Those of you with apps for other electric vehicles care to share features in those apps that should be in Honda's app?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I ditto those and add
    -Indicate the temp inside the car before I have to turn on the Climate so I can quickly see if I even need to.
    -Roll up and down windows and lock/ unlock doors, and show their status. Give an alert when car is unlocked (and if door/trunk opened) like we get when charging stops.

And these for the car’s built in app:
    Add to menu allowed options the ability to Select :
    -Paddle regen stage stays set/not amd retained from last drive or not
    -Last EV/HV/Econ mode retained at next start/not, even better select each one to do this
    -Window activation in Acces Mode
    -roll up and down windows w fob
    -Which regen stage the brake lights come on at. Or just make 3 and 4 chevrons light up brakes an option.
    -No delay in courtesy light turn off in stead of current 15 sec minimum
    -A customizable energy display with all the goodies like rpm, battery %, where and how much non-motive energy is flowing, warning that 12 v battery will run down in x minutes in this mode with current draws, etc. for all of us tech happy guys.
    -auto shut down before 12v battery is allowed to die in acces mode

These are all just software coding and on a per car basis would not seem to cost a lot. Dream on, dream on!

4. 714hello

714hello Member

Does the Clarity have the tech to do OTA updates?

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Nobody knows for sure since Honda has published nothing on this. It’s all just speculation at this point, but I’ll go out in a limb and say we know as much as the dealerships which is to say absolutely nothing.

K8QM likes this.