Debunking the “EVs pollute more than fossil fuel cars” nonsense

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KentuckyKen, Apr 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

dnb, AlanSqB, David Towle and 4 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting these.

But of course this theory will be around forever. You will have the folks who translate "EVs are more carbon-intensive to produce" into "EVs pollute more." The fossil-fuel lobby is insanely powerful, and it is to their advantage to push this theory. They don't have to push very hard since the American Land Boat is well established in US culture.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

And never get your EV vaccinated!

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I wish -- Oh, how I wish! -- that we could say that. Unfortunately the Big Oil propaganda mills that call themselves "Conservative think tanks" keep funding new fake "studies" which cite some of the old ones, no matter how thoroughly the old ones have been discredited.

For those with an open mind on the subject, I like to point to what the Union of Concerned Scientists have to say about life-cycle emissions of gasmobiles vs. EVs. Their study appears to be quite thoroughly researched and authoritative. In an ideal world, this study would be the final word on the subject:

"Cleaner Cars from Cradle to Grave"

KentuckyKen likes this.
  6. vin seeram

vin seeram Member

The click-bait headlines of the "news" sites play a big part in the misinformation too.

Lowell_Greenberg likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.