Dealer money

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by jjj, Mar 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jjj

jjj New Member

I'm looking for a new EV. Niro, Bolt, Leaf... I've seen a few posts were Leaf buyers got the rebate, plus $5000 each from the dealer and factory. Has anyone had experience with this?
    I don't drive much anymore, and am looking for around a 2018? But if I could get $1750 off a new car, I might do that.
    I'm assuming it's easier to get answers here, than to arm wrestle with the dealer...
    Thanks.
    My wife had a 2015 Leaf and now has a 2019 Tesla 3. We're both retired. This new(er) car will just be a spare.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jjj

jjj New Member

I called about a new Bolt. No more rebates, but over the phone, they offered $15k on the remaining 2020 Premiums. A few thousand less off for a 2021. I'm going to call Leaf and Kia tomorrow, to see what they offer - with no haggling.
    I repeat - I don't need or want a new car! But a 2019 may only be $8-10k less? With my choice of colors and options.
    I'll post what I find.

4. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  5. jjj

jjj New Member

Perfect! Thanks, CR. We just drove the Bolt premium, and weren't impressed. But the price, for a new 2020 - a $45k car, with all these incentives, was now $27k. And as we were leaving, I asked about Costco. DOH! He forgot to mention that was another $3000 this month. It was now a $24k car, with no miles!
    It was tempting. My wife still loves a Leaf, but I'm not sure if that was much better. I'll take their incentives and see what they can match.
    And what I really want is to sell the Tesla and buy a new Y. Eventually I realized the dual-Y is only ~4k more than the base model, no longer sold. So maybe I get the improved car, the better battery, the new warranty for maybe $8k, after selling the 3? (desirable red, 19" wheels, 12k miles). I think it would be foolish not to! But if we do buy the Y, I'll probably get a 2015 ex, or a 2018 Leaf Plus? We do not need 2 new cars!