Clarity Wheels

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by sniwallof, Oct 2, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

I put an ad in classifieds, for my four excellent condition OEM 2018 Clarity Touring PHEV wheels (plastic covers too) with Pirelli A/S tires that I used for winter tires last year, probably under 1,500 miles, stored in climate controlled basement.

I got the Pirellis on a recommendation. They were great for winter tires, but in hindsight, I would have either got actual winter tires (Blizzaks or X-ice) or Michelin A/S Premier.

Anyway, with people thinking about winter wheels, here's a chance to pickup a set of OEM wheels with tires. Thought I'd check in here before I "dump" them at the Chevy dealership as trade-in towards snow tires for the new BOLT.

If interested, PM me with an offer, local P/U - upstate NY.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

As I'm sure you're aware, be careful about "dumping" the wheels at the dealer. MSRP for the wheels is $861 EACH and discount price is $579. The plastic trim is $211 EACH MSRP and $143 discount price.

And, the Michelin dedicated winter tire is the X-Ice, not the Premier A/S.

4. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

yes, thank you for noting the prices, not to mention the $700+ and installation for the Pirellis! Someone can get a very good deal, the wheels need to go in the next few weeks.

yes, the Premier A/S (or Pilot) is an approach I've used on past EVs literally all year, instead of snow tires as better than the OEM eco type tire (Goodyear or Michelin as past OEM tires) in snow and ice. But, I probably should just give in and get real snow tires this time. Truly ironic that I waited for my first BEV to make the snow tire choice.

5. Candice

Candice Active Member

Can you be more specific than "upstate NY"? I live near Buffalo. Thx

6. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.