Clarity BEV Maintenance Schedule?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by delrey, May 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. delrey

delrey New Member

Do we have any other BEV owners here?

The car says I don't need to get service for a while yet, that's fun. But what will they actually do when I eventually take it in? Rotate the tires, change the air filters, refill the windshield washer fluid?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Saul Valdez

Saul Valdez New Member

I have the BEV the same color as yours. I've asked the same question. I'm not sure I want to pay a dealer $250.00 to rotate my tires and fill the levels on my brake and washer fluid. Out side of that there is not much left to do. I know this is a much heavier car , but with my Prius, I went 244,000 miles before I even needed front brakes because of the regenerative braking. I'm sure these will last the life of the 36 month lease.

4. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Tire rotate and cabin air filters (about every other service), plus a generic inspection of brakes, hoses, etc.

The dealer won't be doing mine. I have the equipment to rotate the tires, cabin air filters are easy, brakes a non-issue, and the general inspection items are mostly common sense if you keep your eyes open while doing the above.

We did have the dealer do the Fit EV because maintenance was included in the lease. They even put new tires on when they were worn out. Have no idea what they would have charged. They used a form like this:
    [​IMG]

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Here is the Honda Maintenance Record for the PHEV. It has the advantage of having all the maintenance codes and inspection points listed for easy documentation for us DIY types or for use by your local mechanic.
    Just change PHEV to BEV and it’s perfect. I also attached the PDF so you can print it.
    006C2961-5DB1-4D97-B006-C4D2C98847E7.jpeg

Attached Files:

Vic likes this.
  6. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Much of that does not apply to the BEV :rolleyes:
    Maintenance items are much simpler:
    [​IMG]

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Both of these have "replace transmission fluid".

Neither the BEV or the PHEV have a transmission....

Confused...

9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Just use what you need and ignore or strike out the rest. Shared just because it was the only printable form for the Clarity I could find.

And while there is no gear ratio change there are gears (both) and a clutch (PHEV) between the shaft and wheels, and gears must have some form of lubrication. So it doesn’t surprise me to see a fluid change requirement for the “transmission”.

Last edited: May 24, 2019