Clarity accessory phone mat

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by insightman, Jun 22, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here are photos and measurements of the accessory phone mat that Honda sells to go on the shelf under the shift buttons. It fits so well that I had to use a knife to get under the edge to remove it.

I also made a full-size scan jpeg. Caution: If you're going to make your own mat using the scan, note that the edges of the mat are beveled, so the scan will appear larger than the actual bottom of the shelf. You can see the bevel in the 2nd to last photo.

Finally, to demonstrate that the plastic mat is pretty hard, the final photo shows the maximum angle at which my phone will stay in place without sliding. The mat could have been grippier, but then I imagine it would have eventually become this hard after years of baking in the sun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I guess mine came already installed, lucky me

BuggaMom likes this.
  4. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

I had them throw that in along with the all-weather floor mats when I bought my car. A must if you are going to use the shelf.

Teamchang and Jason N like this.
  5. Ben Washburn

Ben Washburn Member

That looks even better, I'm going to try that instead. Thanks!

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. David A

David A Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2018
  8. Teamchang

Teamchang Member

The Honda website has it for $12. I told my sales guy to throw it in for free or I’ll buy the car elsewhere. He did.

9. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
  10. David A

David A Guest

Works great. It is sticky so things don't move around at all. Does exactly what I wanted it to do.

Literally cut about 1/2 inch off one end and it fit great. The reason I went with this type of mat is once its down, it doesn't move or try to come up when I pick things up. It stays put.

Good luck!

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

You sure? When I got mine and looked at it, if it wasn't for the beveled edge, I could not tell the difference. To me the texture looked almost the same.

13. Cagerone

Cagerone New Member

Is there a link to purchase the mat directly from Honda? I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

14. Cagerone

Cagerone New Member

Never mind I found it.

15. insightman

Google "honda clarity console mat," too.

16. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Once I put the little box of tissues and the screen wiping cloth under the gear buttons, there was not enough room left for my phone to be sliding around. It also seemed to me that it did not pick up GPS as well when it was hidden under there so I abandoned my plan to get a sheet of tan color coordinated foam from Joann Fabric (less than $1) and cut it to fit.

I have put the no slip pads on my Christmas list and hope that one of my relatives will give them to me so I can rest the phone on the wasted space next to the gear buttons so that when I have a passenger they won't have to hold the phone which I currently leave on their seat.

17. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

FWIW, I ordered the OEM Clarity mat and found it to be only ever so slightly stickier than the bare console. I felt like I wasted my money. I then bought a silicone type mat that I cut to fit (can’t remember who posted that fix but props to them). It works much better and is cheaper.

Domenick and insightman like this.
  18. insightman

I read this quote from the Tar Heels' head coach, Roy Williams, at the end of November: "As a coach, I feel like I've done the worst job with this team in 31 years as a head coach. I've coached for 31 years, and right now my coaching sucks." Not very promising.

19. KentuckyKen

Let’s open the floodgates...
    How ‘bout dem dawgs. (Except for that incredibly stupid fake punt Kirby called against Bama). Grrrrr! Old UGA grad.
    And living in Lexington KY, the Apocalypse must be upon us when Kentucky has a better football team than a basketball team!

This has got to win a prize from @Domenick for the worst thread hi jack ever.

Domenick and Robert_Alabama like this.
  20. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

MSU Bulldog fan here... as for football, couldn't believe we got handled by Kentucky. I think Benny Snell beat them by himself this year. But yes, the fake punt by UGA (at what 4th and 11?) was pretty awful. @Domenick may really slap our hands over the hi jack :)

21. KentuckyKen

If @Domenick is Italian, then I can just see the post that’s coming from the Godfather of the forum...
    “Hey, you hijacka my threads; I breaka your legs!”