CCS, CHAdeMO, SuperCharger

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Mar 13, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-new-york-charger-incentive/

Tesla alleges that it’s being discriminated against by the New York state government’s electric vehicle charging cash incentive program. In their march to encourage the transition to clean energy transportation in the consumer market, the state’s Department of Public Service has issued an Order which provides monetary supplements to companies installing publicly accessible EV charging stations. However, the money is only available if both a Combined Charging System (CCS) plug and a CHAdeMo plug are included, not the proprietary charger used by Tesla vehicles. . . .​

Ok, cut the maximum power in half and double the price relative to the nearest CCS/CHAdeMO station. Hang a SuperCharger to CSS adapter on a chain. Works for me.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Much as I'm a fan of Tesla, I can't say I have any objection at all to public funds going only to support publicly accessible EV chargers which will work for most or all EVs, not just one brand or another.

In fact, I very much hope that Tesla will soon start equipping all its cars* for CCS charging, because it's looking more and more like that's going to become the One True Charging Standard, at least in Europe and the USA.

*...with the exception of those built for the China market. China has its own government-mandated charging protocol, and I doubt that China is going to switch to CSS now that they have established their own non-standard charging "standard".