Canadian Clarity Eh!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Fidzio, Jan 23, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Fidzio

Fidzio Member

From my research, the Canadian Clarity has the following differences from the US model:

1. The Touring trim does not have power seats
    2. The colour choices in Canada are limited as follows:
    Base model: "Platinum white pearl" or "Modern steel metallic" with black cloth interior
    Touring model: Same colours as base model with black leather interior or "Moonlit Forest Pearl" (very dark green) or "Crimson Pearl" with beige leather interior
    3. It has a battery heater
    4. It has a low windshield washer fluid warning
    5. You can turn off the "Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System" below 20km/hr with a button

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

Does anyone know if the U.S. Model even has an alerting system?

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

There is a musical tone at low speed. I like it. The Prius had a rushing sound that I don't think was as effective a pedestrian warning. I think it would be wise for all cars to make the same sound so pedestrians would know the sound.

5. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

Thanks very much. Good to know.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

6. Sabri

Sabri New Member

Anybody knows what's the lead time to order a Clarity in Ontario or is it available in stock?
    Thanks

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure, but I would assume it is available in stock, unless people in Ontario really love the Clarity that much. My dealer down the street has the same Clarity sitting out front since it arrived at the beginning of the month.

9. Sabri

Sabri New Member

Thank you, I call couple of dealers on Monday.

10. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

When temps are floating around -17C/0F, let us know if the engine runs much. I am guessing the engine runs based on battery temperature and not ambient temperature so the heated battery might let you use battery a lot more. Around -17C or colder in the US model the engine runs most of the time, other than right after charging or leaving a medium warm garage.

11. egor.evseev

egor.evseev New Member

I ordered mine mid-January and today got a mid-February delivery date in Ottawa, ON.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tiralc

Tiralc Active Member

I've noticed the same thing here, two have been at the local dealership for a while now, with a third on order. I don't think EVs do well here (central NY between Syracuse and Albany). Some time back when I made some inquiries about the LEAF, the local dealer said no one around here wants a LEAF. Similarly, the local chevy dealers never carried the Volt. I drove two hours to Rochester for my Gen 2 Volt and the Clarity (didn't realize the local Honda group of the same dealership was going to carry it, but they are also not a USAA dealer, and I was trying for the veterans discount too).

14. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Tiralc, the dealers say the same things here: "nobody wants them". But if you ask them any questions about the cars they don't know the answers, which they readily admit, then try to street you to a ICE car, so it seems like a cycle doomed to keep repeating.

15. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

The growth of Clarity PHEV sales is going to have to be a grass roots effort. I poke around and add my Clarity comments to as many web sites and youtube videos that I can. When the public learns how great this car is they'll be buying up the inventory.

We'll have the January sales figures tomorrow.

16. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

We saw our first Clarity commercial last night. Hopefully this begins a trend and a better awareness the car exists.

Here on Long Island, there are plenty of Ford Fusion PHEVs. Yet the Sonata PHEV I had owned is the only one I ever saw other than a friend's who bought one after seeing ours. Thus far I've seen no other Claritys other than ours, but hopefully that will change.

On L.I., a great incentive for some hybrids/PHEVs, is the ability to use the HOV lanes on the infamous Long Island Expressway. That can be a tremendous time saver quite often.

With that said, I agree with loomis2, the dealers aren't pushing them and that's surely not helping things.

17. jerry50902

jerry50902 New Member

I believe its at least a 1 month wait to get this car in ON now. 14k rebate is very attractive. When I got mine, the sales told me the order after me will see delivery dates into Feb. (I got mine on Dec 18, 2017)

18. egor.evseev

egor.evseev New Member

Hey, anyone have any idea what the stock tires the Clarity ships with in Ontario? The site says M+S but I was wondering if someone had an actual model.
    Just curious if I'll get through this winter on them? Also ordered mine first second week of JAN - it's getting here on Saturday.

19. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

The US OEM tires are 235/45R18 Michelin Energy Saver A/S. I doubt that the Canadian tires would be different.

20. egor.evseev

egor.evseev New Member

The Canadian site specifies a M/S tire vs an A/S tire. Perhaps thats just a matter of cross-border branding - I guess ill report back when the car is in my hands.

21. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

I just looked at the sidewalls. They specify M+S. It's probably the same tires.

22. Fidzio

Fidzio Member

I ordered a Clarity last week in Ontario (in the GTA) but the wait time is unknown - estimated at 8-12 weeks. Probably be longer after the Toronto car show brings in a rush of new orders.

23. Kenneth yang

Kenneth yang New Member

when model you ordered? standrad or touring?