Canada pricing and availability released

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by electriceddy, Apr 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RWD $44,995
    AWD $49,995
    Both qualify for the $5K Fed rebate
    Quebec/BC late summer delivery (Ontario to follow)...once the production starts in Tennessee plant, it will become available in rest of Canada.
    Both are heat pump equipped c/w 82 kWh packs
    400km range (RWD) ... this is combined range estimated
    VW Canada build website here:

https://build.vwmodels.ca/build/?vw_bp=cz0xJmJwPTEmbD14JnNnYz0xJnNnaj0xJm93bD0xJmxhbmc9ZW5fY2Emc2NyPTEmcHJvdj1PTiZtdGQ9MCZtdG09MCZ5PTIwMjEmZmE9aWQuNCZtYT1pZC40JnQ2MD0wJm09MCZwbz0xJmJvZHlUeXBlPWVsZWN0cmljcw==
    :)

mho and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

I was leaning towards the Mach-e AWD standard range but the ID4 is looking better every day and more so now if it qualifies for the $5k fed rebate.

4. This strikes me as a really good deal! The $US-to-$CDN exchange rate right now is $.80, so this is like $35,996 for the Pro.

5. Not horrible pricing or range. Definitely removes the Mach E from the top of my list. Curious to see how much less range on the AWD.

6. Can anyone tell me what trim of the Mach E the ID4 Pro is on par with?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Base model ID4 Pro without optional packages's

Dan

9. I think you misunderstood. Which Mach E is equal to the ID4 pro?

10. miatadan

Mach-E Select 100A be close to ID4 Pro

Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  11. miatadan

Also have read that in Canada only BC and Quebec, getting the ID4 in 2021. Ontario and rest of Canada has too wait until 2022. VW dealership from me is about 15 minute walk,

electriceddy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ive only seen that in one spot and it wasnt from VW.

electriceddy likes this.
  14. From VW Canada website:
    https://www.vw.ca/en/models/new-vehicles/id4.html#dealers
    While we wish we could bring the ID.4 to every province right away, there are a few important reasons why the ID.4 is only available in certain provinces starting in 2021.

Right now there’s a huge global demand for the ID.4, and only one factory in Zwickau, Germany is producing them for North America and Europe. After production begins in our Chattanooga, Tennessee plant in 2022, many more ID.4s will be available to help bring Electric for Everyone.

As well, to stay compliant with electric vehicle (EV) mandates in British Columbia and Quebec, Volkswagen Canada is required to sell a specified amount of electric vehicles in these provinces. And with a limited supply of ID.4s available, we have to bring ID.4 to these provinces first.

15. It says Ontario is included with BC and QC

16. miatadan

17. Pretty much as expected. Mainly the GTA. Sadly I just had to buy another ICE vehicle so I wont be getting one anytime soon anyways.

18. miatadan

In my case, since I am walking to work , 10 minute walk( when lockdown ever ends ).

Recently sold my 2019 VW Jetta Execline , had just over 6000 kms on it but there was 4 years left of 0% loan.

More EV's coming out and I do find the Mazda MX30 interesting as well as the 2022 Mini Cooper SE, and Mini dealership very helpful and sent me info on the 2022 Mini SE.

Only way to get the Mini Cooper SE to Sudbury is on a flatbed as only charging station is in Parrysound, ON between Sudbury and Barrie. Not sure what the range in kms is for the Mini Cooper SE as distance from Sudbury from Parrysound is approx 183 kms

Dan