CA Niro EV - Heater peformance (non-heat pump)?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by haizmanBrain, Feb 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. haizmanBrain

haizmanBrain New Member

I'm wondering if the heater in my 2019 Niro EV is working as expected. I live in SoCal so it did not come with the heat pump. Even maxed out at 82 or whatever the limit is, it doesn't really heat the car well at all. The steering wheel and seat heaters do help, but the blower temp is anemic at best.
    I've owned several Volts prior to the Niro, and those also suffered from poor heating unless the ICE kicked in. Maybe this is the norm for all EVs (heat-pump excluded)?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I'm in Canada and have the heat pump version. Mine blasts hot air and will heat the cat up in 5-10 minutes.

4. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

Are you using Eco or Eco Plus? I wonder if those driving modes reduce the heating output?

5. I use eco setting but I don't think those setting effect heating.

6. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

I don't know if it's the same in your 2019, but in my 2020 Niro EV premium you can customize the climate control mode in each drive mode. This certainly implies that climate control is affected by which drive mode you're using.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

9. You are right, heating is less. I think that defrost is the same though, when I turn on my defrost it blasts a lot of heat and heats the car up fairly fast.