Built in garage door opener

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Carro con enchufe, Jun 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I hope everyone’s noticed the built in garage door opener. But there are 3 buttons you can program. Has anyone used the buttons for anything else than a garage door?

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. oko

oko Member

Inspired by Knight Rider, I programmed the second button to dispose $100 cash when pressed :)

Texas22Step, CaryLyn and Sandroad like this.
  4. toomie

toomie Member

oko and Texas22Step like this.
  5. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

Does no one have ideas for these buttons?

6. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I think someone mentioned in an earlier post that they turned on some outdoor lights with one.

geo

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Our 2nd button turns on the inside garage lights, but since the garage door opener has its own lights, the 2nd button never gets used. Our 3rd button turns on the outside light above the garage door, but since our photocell-controlled porch light is already illuminating the driveway, the 3rd button never gets used, either. However I did manage to use up all the buttons.

K8QM likes this.
  9. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

As I recall, programming the buttons to do anything other than garage doors requires additional hardware (signal translators) and sometimes frustration getting it to all work. Would be nice if those systems would all switch to Bluetooth as a neutral/universal standard.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Yes, I had to purchase special light switches from Chamberlain, the company who made our garage door opener. They cost around $65 apiece. Each switch has its own little wire antenna that works better if you route it out of the metal switch box. The range of the opener and switches far exceeds that of Bluetooth. I can open my garage door from a block away.

11. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Maybe we aren’t being creative enough. The world of remote control devices is at our disposal for that third button. Maybe an auxiliary foghorn?

https://www.amazon.com/Kleinn-Air-Horns-333-Activation/dp/B00PBWG0BU

Playing an ice cream truck song? The “Swimline Radio Control Spinner Squirter Pool Float” on the roof? The possiblities are endless :).

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DaleL

DaleL Active Member

I use two of the buttons for our two garage doors. I use the final button for the outside garage coach lights. (They are controlled by a Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ remote wall switch.)

14. bfd

bfd Active Member

Wait until the Christmas lights go up… lots of options then!

15. djohan621

djohan621 Member

we live in gated community, use the 3rd button for the Gate entrance.