Bluetooth call noise

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by loomis2, Mar 23, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

One of the continuing issues we have with our Clarity is the terrible call quality for whoever happens to be on the other end of the call via bluetooth. There is just this constant background noise. I am going to attempt to share a message my wife left me to demonstrate the problem, but just know that when she pauses for a few seconds so you can hear the noise that it sounds much worse in my phone's earpiece than it does over the computer speakers, and it still sounds bad over the computer speakers. Does anyone else have this problem?

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. loomis2

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Sounds terrible. I feel your pain. Since mine is not doing this this, I’d say there is hope for a remedy. Maybe try pairing a friend’s phone to see if it’s the phone or car. If problem repeats then it’s time for a warranty repair.

5. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

Mine is not doing that either and I use it quite a bit.

6. loomis2

For reference, her phone is a Note 8, so it is a pretty high-end phone. But what I really wanted to know is if this was only a problem with our car, which it sounds like it is, so thanks for helping me out.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JimW

JimW Active Member

Mine was doing this on my first long trip after I was playing with the touch screen a lot and everything slowed to a crawl. I did a factory reset on the tablet and problem has not reoccurred. I always ask my wife and kids how it sounds and they say crystal clear.

9. loomis2

That is interesting. I will give that a try.

10. barnesgj

barnesgj Active Member

I have a Note 8 phone and have had no problems with the call quality, so far.