Battery safety recall RO175 (Recall 01D076) in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai' started by LBourgon, Dec 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LBourgon

LBourgon New Member

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and I was looking for info on this Safety recall but didn’t find anything.

I had this done on November 25, 2020 and since then, the battery at 100% full charge now only shows a max of 340 km, down from around 425 km. The work order shows:
    “01D076 OS EV BMS LOGIC UPGRADE
    check = LG batt... update BMS + VCULDC as per recall”

The recall letter also show the Transport Canada recall number as 2020-477.

My Kona is a 2020, With the Ultimate trim package. I took delivery from the dealer in Feb 2020, and I just passed the 7000 km Mark yesterday.

Has anyone had this recall done and experienced this performance degradation?

Thanks 508FB3A6-0BC3-450A-AF33-D217D0328CE4.png

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Likely the reduction in the mileage estimation is due to the cooler weather, here are a couple of threads that may interest you with other owners concerning this particular recall:
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/recall-196-now-shows-on-us-hyundai-recall-website.9755/
    and
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/battery-recall-196-dead-after-recharging.10084/
    BTW, welcome to the forum:)

mho likes this.
  4. LBourgon

LBourgon New Member

Hi Everyone,
    As I suspected, the recall software upgrade was responsible for the major decrease in battery capacity.
    The dealer called me to schedule two new recalls, both software upgrades. I took my Kona in on Monday. My battery is again showing 415 km on a full charge at 0 degrees Celsius. Much better!
    If you’re seeing issues, go get the recalls done.
    Luc

electriceddy likes this.
  5. Interesting, thanks for the update - so not temperature related... it is also possible the efficiency memory was lost after the original update, and has now caught up as reported in other threads.